Monday, March 8, 2010

painting & collage-ing

new!



For art class today we looked at books by our faves: Eric Carle, Lois Ehlert, and Lauren Child. Then we practiced their techniques (sort of...we didn't paint tissue paper like Eric...) but we did make pictures out of paper. And what a fun art class that was. "Um, teacher, I need you....MOM- can you help me?" ........."what- Oh, --oh, yes- I was just finishing up my project." (teach by example, right?)

And I know you won't be able to tell which ones the boys did....

9 comments:

redeemed diva said...

Love these. I love the artists you chose. They do great books!

Paige said...

So, so cute!! Love seeing your creations.

Dawn said...

Oh, I love the Expect Less Give More piece, thats very uplifting indeed. And the paper art, how fantastically creative are those! Haha, the football ones are great, and the Bloom Where You Are Planted is perfect! I love them all!

Ah... to have you as an art teacher, what a gift! :D

justin, jake and jenna's mom said...

Adorable! Everybody did such a beautiful/fabulous job on their collages....these may be worth a lot of money someday! :)

~Aunt Tricia

misss_e said...

Oh Sarah this is a great idea! Im going to do his next week! What kind of paper do you use?

Staci Danford said...

How wonderful.. YOU are going to have the most fabulous, creative kids in the world.. They will grow up and THANK you daily for their inspiration and imagination.
Staci

Sara- The Football Wife said...

The boys' footballs are super cute & Football Wife approved! :)

Chrissie Grace said...

Oh, I love the new piece! It's fabulous:)

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

Love that you do collage art with the kids. They all look fantastic! And the "expect less" is a wonderful one. When I get my own agenda going, that's when my patience wanes for those around me.