Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy March! {spring has sprung in our house}


First signs of spring...the paper sprouted from the chalk just this morning.


We went to visit family Sun and Mon. Got back late last night and it feels totally like a Monday today. We had a wonderful time with everyone. Now it is back to reality! Back to school! Back to laundry duty.

I have spring fever in a big way- I want to organize every room of the house....especially when my house looks like the above picture. So instead of organize- why not plant a chalk and paper tree on that wall?!?! Sounds reasonable to me.

That's better...now I feel happy and spring-like.


Spring books! Our favorite author and illustrator- Eric Carle's book, The Tiny Seed, always gets us in the mood to plant some flowers. And Late Little Robin is a new find for us. LOVE this book! Not only cute but also teaches you about different birds, how they migrate, and the calls they make.

Is it spring at your house? Are you spring cleaning? Organizing? I am going to start this week, I promise- just after I make sure there are no walls in need of a tree........

10 comments:

Ruth said...

I am trying to get some organizing and good cleaning going on here, too. But I have been bitten by the spring bug. Today the sun is shining and it's absolutely gorgeous out. I don't want to sit and organize I want to be outside enjoying it while it lasts. They are predicting snow for tomorrow. Maybe then I'll get some organizing and cleaning done.

Ruth

Kim's Treasures said...

Cute leaves on your walls! Love your springiness!

The Football Wife said...

I'm not Spring cleaning, but definitely reorganizing! I'm in the mood to purge -- yard sale time!

Monica said...

Would you like some iris bulbs?

DJ said...

Oh, yes, do create some more leaves on some walls...organizing will take care of itself........

...eventually!
(that's my story and I'm sticking to it! lol)

Lacie said...

I could look at pictures of your kitchen all day, Sara! It makes me long for the day that I'm no longer a renter and can paint my own place! :-)
Love your paper tree!

Stephanie said...

I have spring fever more then I have had other years, must be from all the snow we've had. Love the paper branches :)

redeemed diva said...

Definitely spring here. Yes, lotsa organizing. It's in the air--clean air, clean house

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

I shoudl have known you were an Englebreit fan!! :-D Suits you so well.
Love that new "plant" growing in your kitchen.
Spring is springing here, but it would help if the weather would cooperate! It started snowing again today. :-( Ick. I need flowers and sunshine!

Leslie Lee said...

Did you just double side tape the leaves on the wall? I NEED to know! Am thinking of doing some chalkboard paint in our home -- do you have much trouble with dust from the chalk? I have a couple of allergy sufferers, but I think it would probably be okay if I kept the chalk out of my two year old's reach! :) Thanks!