Thursday, March 25, 2010

getting ready for the big day......{April 1}

You know we love April Fool's day here at our house. Lots of fun cooking up treats that look like regular food. Here is a cute one from family fun- sweet sushi


Love these! Tricky taco shells (found on parenting.com)- this would be perfect for Dave since he hates chunks of tomatoes- he would be happy to find out it was strawberries along with peaches, chocolate cake crumbles, candy lettuce, and a cookie taco.


******************************************************************

Here are some treats that we made last year:

The shamburgers: made from nilla wafers and a peppermint patty


Dave getting a surprise when he bit into the "strawberry chocolate" pie to find that it was mashed potatoes and beef :)

Ideas from Family Fun.

And here is a Cute list of 15 jokes to play on April Fool's day.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

glad I don't live in your house....lol!

Stephanie said...

I love April fool's day in your house too! I need to start doing this, maybe this year?? hmmm...

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

looks so good...need to add you to my sidebar...Love your blog

Mrs. E said...

What a crack up! I love April Fool's day. The best year was when I made "meatloaf and mashed potatoes" (my kids hate meatloaf) out of cocoa puff rice krispies in a loaf pan and vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce for the potatoes! I'll have to dig for the photos and post them. BTW, your thrift store finds are awesome. I love the clogs you found!

Anonymous said...

the look on your husband's face is what cracked me up! LOL!!