Saturday, February 20, 2010

sponsor interview: Sarah {Blue Castle}

I am happy to introduce you to Sarah. She is one colorful girl- we have a lot in common (except, of course, that we spell our names drastically different :) :) I have already posted about her here. I LOVE her style and her cute decoupage projects! I am so excited that she is a sponsor for my blog! You can find her link on my sidebar and always go and give her a visit to see what creative thing she is up to!

I love the paint colors! Bright and fun.

That lamp and the wall color make me happy.


I would be a happy baker in this kitchen- the curtains- the chandelier- the "PIE"- Love it. And the best part- Sarah is a thrifter and a crafter- so almost everything she does is very frugal- using what she has + spray paint, thrifted goods and mod podge. Her husband must be proud of her :)




Sara - What was your first ever job?

Sarah- My first job was working at Dairy Queen. I can still make that perfect curlicue cone today.

Did you enjoy art as a child?

I did enjoy art, but only had it as a class for two years in elementary school with a very cranky art teacher, who put a damper on any creative attempts I did make. The school I attended after that did not have an art class, and I think I missed out in a lot of ways because of this. My Grandma picked up oil-painting in her later years and helped me paint my first two oil-paintings when I was in Jr. High. Other than that, I had no real exposure to art.

What was your first decoupage project- do you remember?

I think my first decoupage project was making a window into a dry/erase board by decoupaging paper on the underside of the glass.

What inspires you?

Reading blogs is a huge inspiration as well as flipping through the occasional home decor magazine and watching HGTV or TLC when I get the chance, which isn't often since we don't have cable tv.

What is your favorite medium to work with (paint, mod podge, etc)?

I can't pick. I love how spray paint and paint can transform an object. Mod Podge is amazing too. With all the beautiful scrap book papers available it is very easy for me find something to fix up. And then there's fabric. I could easily spend a fortune on fabric. I have recently discovered pottery and am excited to be taking a class and getting the chance to learn how to work with clay.


What is your favorite color combo?

I don't know if I can answer that! I fall in love with new color combinations on an almost daily basis. Presently it's violet purple with a mustard yellow.

Where do you get most of your arts/craft supplies?

Wal-Mart has good prices on Mod Podge and spray paint. I have even found mis-tinted paint for $6/gallon. I buy my scrapbook paper and fabric from local shops.

What is your favorite room in your house?

My living room and dining room are my favorites right now. I painted them bright, bold colors last fall and have been enjoying the cheery colors during the bleak winter months.

Thanks, Sarah! Keep up the great work!

6 comments:

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

Thanks for the introduction! i love her house!!-- reminds me so much of yours. Love those stars and lamp especially. :-D

Denise said...

That was so much fun! I can't wait to visit her blog after the little teaser! Thanks for the introduction. :)

Mod Podge Amy said...

She is awesome! I 'm heading over to her blog - thank you so much for the interview. xo

BlueCastle said...

Thank you, Sara. :) That was so nice. Your blog has inspired me greatly. I don't think I would've had the courage to paint my rooms those bold colors if it wasn't in part for finding your blog and all the wonderful bright colors you use so much.

Stephanie said...

Love her kitchen and love of color. Thanks for sharing a bit about Sarah.

Megan Walker said...

Wow, Sarah seems amazing (like another Sara I know)! Thanks so much for sharing her with us!