Monday, February 22, 2010

fun...fun....more fun than one person should be allowed to have on a monday...

Field trip to the grocery store...yes, our tour guide was skipping through the store...the kids loved this. Samples, pet a lobster, tour the freezers, what it not to love about a grocery store field trip?!?!?

...inspired by the "healthy eating" theme from the grocery store- we had fresh guacamole for lunch (Lydia, I put in 1 avocado, cut up a fourth of an onion, added lemon juice, salt, and garlic to taste- then put in the blender...)


supper- something new. Pizza fondue...we found it here. Pretty good- the kids loved it.


So excited, so excited! Our little girl turns 4- her party is on Friday! Polka dots! Gum-drop tree! Paper banner! The purple plastic table cloth is ready!

(the banner was so easy- just cut the paper into triangles and staple to the ribbon- I am going to make one for every occasion!!! And this one can go in her room when the party is over--if the kitchen can part with it.................)

9 comments:

Paige said...

I love avocado! Love the birthday banner. Have a great week!

Stephanie said...

The birthday banner looks great, I hate taking down such pretty and fun decorations. It will be sweet in your little girls room though :)

Kim's Treasures said...

Love the birthday decorations! Glad you had a fun Monday!

Staci Danford said...

Darling gumdrop tree. You are making such fabulous memories for your children.. I know from my "big son" who is 20 that it's the little things they truly remember the MOST. The time you spend making them feel special is the greatest gift.. GOLD metal for you....
Oh... and I like your hair..
Staci

Cindy @ Chalk it Up! said...

I know I've said this before but you are such a great mom! Happy Birthday to your little girl!

The Football Wife said...

The grocery store field trip makes me want to homeschool someday, too.

I can't believe your daughter is turning four! The banner is awesome. :)

Lauren said...

The grocery store looks like so much fun! Yippee! And I am definitely going to try the pizza recipe! It sounds fantastic! Thanks!

Brooke said...

Have fun preparing for Friday! Polka dots and gum drops...you're in for an amazing week. It's pretty much impossible to be a grump when you're surrounded by those things. :)

Go purple! Are you serving purple cows? (Vanilla ice cream and grape soda makes a fabulous color!)

Can't wait to see the pictures.

And BTW..her haircut is precious. If it makes you feel any better, MY hair drama involved my daughter cutting her friend's hair when she was three. The mother wasn't entirely calm about the whole thing. UGH. One of those moments that you know you'll never entirely get past! :) Good thing those girls are still best of buddies thirteen years later. And the mom and I still love each other too! :)

Laura D said...

I love your banner. I may just have to use something similar at a ladies conference we are having this weekend. Thanks for the idea!