Thursday, February 4, 2010

all hearts and bows


Our little girl almost always wears pigtails- so we need 2 bows instead of 1. And we need something pretty & colorful because she loves color and fru-fru as much as her momma. Here is our little solution. I had some of those little tiny bows on alligator clips. Pull those bows off so you can make your own bigger and better bow. Or you could just go buy some alligator clips if you don't have any to recycle.
clip a ribbon inside....


Lay a whole bunch of ribbons on top- make sure some are the wire ribbon type- lots of different textures and patterns are best.

Tie that bottom ribbon around all the others and double knot. Fluff out the ribbons

Enjoy the color & fun!

See- I told you, they are just so bright and fun, I couldn't resist :)


What's she got behind her back??


A poofy, puffy valentine heart. I got the idea for the heart from Chrissie's adorable heart garland.....the fabric strips- love it! (hers are not pillows, but the basic idea.....)

Recycled and Reused v-day garb:
:1: ribbon bows - $0 - use what you have!
*2 applique heart t-shirt- $0 - use scraps of fabric, blank t-shirt, heat n' bond (about $4 at wal-mart)
#3 heart pillow- $0- use what you have- scraps of fabric.....

Check out a bunch of good frugal ideas at Beyond the Picket Fence:
Beyond The Picket Fence

14 comments:

BlueCastle said...

Your bows are adorable! And that puffy heart! I feel the need to go heart-fy something. :)

Elliemae said...

So much fun!! You are such a cutie!!

Kim's Treasures said...

Very cute and sooo cool! I love the fluffy heart pillow too.

Tresa said...

You are so cute and so is everything you make!

Mary said...

Adorable,
the bows,
the clothes,
and you!
:)

Staci Danford said...

As always such darling ideas.. I might just make my "little brady" a bow to wear when no one is home but us. haha Or I guess we could put it on a stuffed monkey.. They are just so cute.
Staci

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

yay wonderful and inspiring post!! Those clippie ribbons would be super cute on her jacket, or shoes, or backpack, too. So many cute uses.

Love the pillow!!

(and I always love striped tights!)

Jenn A said...

Cute bows!! Hey, I found out that Hudson Paint company makes all different colors of chalkboard paint. I saw it in a magazine. I thought of you immediately. If you are interested you can check it out at HudsonPaint.com.

Stephanie said...

I love that heart pillow, no wait her shirt, and the bows... oh I love everything as usual!

DJ said...

Great ideas for Valentine's Day.

Catherine Anne said...

You make me smile...

Jara said...

Heart pillows are incredibly cute!!! I recently made a painting inspired by you, come take a look:) Love the bows and pigtails:) FUN!!! Happy Valentines Day to you and your family!

thedomesticfringe said...

SO cute! Everything.
-FringeGirl

bec4 said...

It's all so cute and bright. I especially love these bows! thanks for linking up, I am going to feature you.