Tuesday, January 12, 2010

goal for 2010 & new paintings


Just praying and thinking on what God would want for me this year- I have been reminded over and over about Hebrews 12:1-2....so I think God is telling me to FIX MY EYES on Jesus! What could be better than that! Remembering what He did for me. Daily thinking on His sacrifice for me. This should change my life thinking about what Jesus did for me- for all of us.

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2

There are so many things that need to be worked on in my life- but if God will help me to fix my eyes on Jesus- that is a good start.

***********************************************************
new stuff
The lady I painted this for is going to put it over the bed in the master bedroom- isn't that adorably sweet! I really like these lyrics from a song that she chose.


Another fun one to paint.....

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

that's a beautiful painting. i've think i've heard that before, but it sounds nicer when I see it on a painting

Stephanie said...

Love the apple painting! The song lyrics one is so great for over a bed, that would make me wake up happy in the morning.

Chrissie Grace said...

I like them both! Those lyrics are beautiful and I love your color choices:)

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Oh how I love the Good Morning Beautiful painting! I could handle waking up to those words too.

Lee Ann

Holly said...

the apple is adorable!

ko said...

AWESOME!! THE apple is SO ADORABLE! :) Is it for sale?

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

You amaze me!! I love them both. Those song lyrics are wonderful.

I love your 2010 focus, too. Fixing our eyes on Jesus... all the shadows would fall behind, with the Son out in front of us.

Paige said...

Love the apple photo! You never cease to amaze me with the your gift of painting. Blessings to you!

Sara said...

I love the subtle polka dots in the apple! So cute as always!

Elliemae said...

Love it all.

The Hopkins Home said...

Beautiful paintings! I love that verse from Hebrews. For me the part that I focus on is running with endurance the race set out before us...endurance is sometimes hard to come by but when I think of Jesus it all becomes easier. :)

Staci Danford said...

How fun and great to wake up too.. Maybe I need a sign that says "Good morning Beautiful" haha... Just love your work.
Staci

Keri said...

Love the new prints. The new year is off to a great start!