Wednesday, January 6, 2010

clean slate

happy New Year! I am just getting around to saying that! I wanted to hold onto the Christmas season this year. But now it is time to move on to 2010.......

I am praying about goals for the year- lots of thoughts going around....

*Here is one Mom Mincy told me about: Ten Truths that will change your life in 2010 - lots of good stuff there.

*Our Pastor preached about Six Daily Prayers:
1. Search Me Ps. 139:23-24
2. Forgive Me I John 1:9
3. Sanctify Me John 3:30
4. Enlighten Me- With Your Word Ps. 119:18
5. Remind Me - how dependent I am on You John 15:5
6. Give Me- wisdom to face life's circumstances James 1:5

Wow! If we could honestly pray these each day- how our lives would change!

*
Elizabeth George's book A Woman After God's Own Heart changed my life a few years ago when I read it. It is a very practical guide on every area of your life and making your priorities what God would want them to be-- and then how to carry out your goals. For example, she will write about prayer and then give practical ways that will help your prayer life.

*On Sunday night Bobby taught our class about Gideon and how he had to be faithful in the little things before God needed him to be faithful in larger things. It made me think about all of those little areas that I need to be faithful in....and faithful to the little people in my life! Sometimes it seems so mundane to serve your family every day and to teach the little ones and to go over the same things with them every day. But that is what God calls us to do! And there is so much peace when we submit to this!

Taking all of this into consideration, I am going to finally compile a list of goals for 2010....maybe my goal for January should be to get my goals typed out :) Better late than never, I say!

What about you? Any good goals you are working towards? Quit eating candy? Lose 50 lbs? Memorize 25 verses (good idea, Bethany :), Write a book, paint a room, learn to knit, water your plants, the sky is the limit!!

......let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus.....Romans 12:1-2

6 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Thanks for sharing the "10 Truths"; I just printed it out to put in my journal. I have not had a good track record with resolutions, so I don't make them. I do choose a word for the year and focus on it. This year I am documenting weekly something that I am grateful for and posting it on my blog. There are always things I need to improve upon which I guess I could call my "daily resolutions".

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

I read Elizabeth George's book 7 years ago as a newly wed. It really helped form me as a new wife.

Goals-finish school, have a baby, enjoy the day-to-day tasks more.

Happy New Year.

misss_e said...

Yes! Thank you so much for sharing the truths. I was going to print it out and read it when I got back to my classroom but then I thought...well i see it now and what if there is a truth I am going to need to rely on before I get to my destination this afternoon and get a chance to read this. I am going to share this in our womens ministry meeting Saturday! The bottom line is "its all about Him"...I LOVE IT!

Oh and I adore your mantle!

Jara said...

thanks for all the ideas, my goals are on my blog:)

Adrienne said...

i so needed the bible verse at the end of your post today... i may just write it on every wall in my house. thank you bloggy friend!

Keri said...

My goals this year are simple. Try to still make time for God and make Him a priority in my life while trying to figure out how to balance taking care of a husband, home, 2 year old and newborn. (Do you hear my knees knocking b/c I don't know how I'm going to do it?).