Monday, December 14, 2009

Time for the Christmas Tour of Homes!

Welcome to our home. We hope and pray that Jesus is the center of all of our celebrating- and that you know Him as we do.

My first attempt at a fabric wreath (just wrap a cardboard circle with fabric & glue on buttons)


And did you see it?!??!! ONE OF STEPH'S STARS!!!!! Yes, she did send me one and I am beside myself with joy. I know it is better to give then receive- but this time it was really, really good to receive :) Thanks,Steph- it even cuter in person.


Oh my dear, you have to try these mint brownies- I got the recipe from Meg's blog- she is going to make me fat with her recipes!

Gotta make the snowman cheeseball every year. This year he looks a little happier, I think because he has chocolate chip eyes.....(see bottom of post for where to find recipe)

Christmas workshop.....


The advent tree gets played with everyday.....




*To see last year's Christmas tour of our home- click here. (back when the mantle was white...)

*Then there is the 2007 post- click here. (this is where you can find the snowman cheeseball recipe)

*sara's art house home page- click here.

*And click here to get back to the Nester's page with all of the links to many, many blog posts showcasing houses & Christmas decor.

29 comments:

Heather said...

I love your decor, so fun!! Great job! Merry Christmas!

Carrie said...

Your home is MAGNIFICENT! I absolutely LOVE it! I've never seen anything quite like it and I can tell you've had loads of fun creating it to be the unique and special place that it is.

Merry Christmas to you!

Joye @ The Joyeful Journey said...

Your home is AMAZING! I love how colorful and artsy everything is! That fireplace is just awesome! I LOVE it!

Happy Nester said...

Your home looks so cheery & bright!
Just beautiful. Happy Holidays!

Stephanie said...

I want to spend Christmas at your house! So full of art, fun and of course COLOR! I'm so happy you liked the star, I chose those fabrics specifically for you. :)

lori vliegen said...

all of your Christmas decorations are so sweet!! i'd love to be a little elf in your fabric workshop....! :))

Catherine Anne said...

Sara your home looks great

Jennifer Juniper said...

You have a fun, colorful home - my colorful snowflakes would love it there!

thedomesticfringe said...

Your house is always SO CUTE!!!

-FringeGirl

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

What a bright and lovely tour. I am so glad I found your shop. Going to visit right now.
Merry Christmas!

meg duerksen said...

well...look at that! i came here looking for craft ideas...and you have me linked! awesome. i am making those tomorrow. yummmmmmmmm.

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

Love love love it all!!! And, girl, I totally copied you with my paper circles wreath. I will post it soon (tomorrow maybe?) and link back to you.
You have the BEST ideas!!

Stacie said...

I LOVE it!!! Thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful & cheerful home :)

Free Samples said...

Awesome decorations!! :)

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

I'm loving all the color! What are those circle wreaths on the table? They look super fun!

Gabby said...

Oh, you are so artsy and I got so many ideas, I love your header, your blog, I love it all!

Katie said...

Your decor is unique, and gorgeous- a real breath of fresh air!! I also love your artwork with the verses in the centre. You have a beautiful gift!! Merry Christmas!
Katie
andjoyfulinhope.blogspot.com

Jen B said...

Great tour! I especially love your mantle and Christmas workshop :-) Your wreaths are so fun!

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

Sara, can you tell me about how many mint brownies that recipe makes? I plan to bring those to my next cookie exchange...
Thanks.

Ruth said...

Your home looks great. It is merry and bright!!! Love it!!
Ruth

Micah said...

I love your house. You are such a incredible artist! Your mantle is featured on the nest files and I just had to check it out. I am now joining:)

Micah said...

I love your house. You are such a incredible artist! Your mantle is featured on the nest files and I just had to check it out. I am now joining:)

Meet the Brummett's said...

I'm in love with your house! It is so bright and cheerful that you can't help but smile! Love all of the artwork and color. Oh and thanks for sharing the mint brownie recipe, I gained 10 lbs just reading it! Merry Christmas!

Staci Danford said...

Your stars are just darling.. What a fabulous idea.. LOVE it.
Staci

Sarah said...

love all the color! what talent you have!

Heather said...

Love everything...just wondered how you make the "snow" on your cheeseball. I read the recipe but didn't see it...maybe I missed something :)

Kim said...

I adore your fireplace area! Everything, the painting the color (gutsy) the accessories...! It looks so fun!

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

WOw! Love your home and decor - so creative and personal. And I am completely in live with those paper lanterns - hmmm, it is making me think.....
Happy holidays!
Danielle

Megan Walker said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVE!!!!!!!!!!

xoxo