Friday, December 18, 2009

cute kiddy ornaments & RAQ

Our 6 year old made these ornaments in his little class the other week at church. I love them to absolute death and they will always be on our tree.


RAQ- [recently asked questions]

Q- what is the white "snow" on the snowman cheeseball?
A- Parmesan cheese



Q- what type of paint do you use when you paint on a window?
A- just regular acrylic paint that I get for less than $1 a bottle at wal-mart. When you want to take it off, spray with windex and then gently scrape off.

I used acrylic paint on the top half-circle window (this photo is from last Christmas)

houses painted on the back door window


Or- paint on a mirror! I have had this border on my mirror for about 2 years and it is still looking good and staying on well.


Upstairs bathroom mirror.

OK- now you have to check out Chrissie Grace's door that she and her kids painted with a Christmas scene- so cute!!!!

Q- How did you make the circle wreath?
A- I saw the idea here- and hers is much cuter. We cut out a ton of circles from scrapbook paper, sheet music, paper that had been scribbled on by the 3 yr old. Next we glued it all onto a circle cut from a cardboard box. Lastly we glued buttons all over.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your daughter's ornament! So cute!

Carrie said...

I love the angel ornament!!! ADORABLE!!! I may have to steal the idea!

Jill said...

OOOH! LOVE the angel ornament!!!
I would treasure it as well!
Blessings!
jill

Jana said...

Hey! I loved catching up on all your Christmas decorations! I can't wait to make wreaths with Ella and do the painting on the windows! Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for always inspiring me to be more creative!! (-:

Keri said...

I really love both bathroom mirrors. I would have never guessed you could do that. My question is - have you done any creative "experiments" that didn't turn out??

Pam said...

That cute angel ornament reminds me of a "who" down in "Whoville"!