Sunday, December 20, 2009

colorful snowflakes and more goodies

I saw this idea somewhere...who's blog did I see it on???? Anyway- they made some adorable colored snowflakes and hung by twigs on the windowsill. So I copied. I LOVE my happy windowsill now! Thank you whoever you are for your great idea.

peppermint bark- the only thing better is this: layered peppermint bark- Oh wow! So good- thanks to the elf who made some for us to taste.

These are my favorite from childhood and now are Dave's fave: Holly Wreaths:
Melt *4 cups mini marshmallows
*with 1 stick of butter

Add * 1 t. vanilla
* 2 t. green food coloring
*5 1/2 cups cornflakes

Shape into wreaths (or drop blobs onto wax paper and call them wreaths). Decorate with red cinnamon candies.


Lots of eating around here! I am afraid for us- we have too much joy in cooking, baking, and eating :)
Are you ready for Christmas? We are pretty much. Not much left to do except a few more stocking stuffers....

8 comments:

Keri said...

With the new "diet" I'm on, I'm glad I don't live at your house. I would never last! What wonderful looking treats. If I don't get a chance to tell you later - I hope your family has a very Merry Christmas!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

I have been baking and eating WAAAY too much:) Thanks so much for that Wreath recipe- gotta try it!

Stephanie said...

Those holly wreaths, or clumps of holly (haha) look so colorful and festive! I can't believe it, Christmas is sooooo close! Have a great week!!!!

"Dove" said...

I love the snowflakes. OF COURSE there would never be plain white snowflakes at Sara's art house! Never! :) Such a cute idea.

Those wreaths take me back to childhood. I have not thought about that recipe in a million years. They look so yummy! I may need to add those to my baking list.

Dana D said...

We made holly, too! http://boysmyjoys.blogspot.com/2009/12/holly-treats.html

It's so yummy!

asnipofgoodness said...

I remember those green cookies from childhood too! I love the colorful snowflakes, who wudda thunk???

Catherine Anne said...

Sara, I love this idea!!!

dianneavery said...

Ahhh, I wish I saw this post before Christmas! I love those wreaths, I would have loved to have made those. Oh well...there is always next year. :-)