Tuesday, December 15, 2009

art*house....music*house...recording*house


We had the privilege of having Dustin Rogers here all last week for Dave to record his new CD. Dustin has an awesome voice (you know our friends Keith & Jenny; he is Keith's brother). What a GREAT CD this is going to be!! I cannot wait to hear it all come together. Dave plays piano on some and Dustin plays the guitar, sings and wrote the songs. Just as I love Dave's songs and the heart and sincerity behind them, this is the same with Dustin's words. Words to bring glory to God and tug at your heart. Keep an eye out- we will tell you when you can buy it :)

How fun to be able to do this kind of thing in our house! I feel like our house is literally an art house in many respects of the word....

art- (noun)- the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.

That is what Dave and I want to do- create things of more than ordinary significance. In our eyes they are beautiful; the music, the colors. We thank God for our house and the fact that we have room to do these projects...room for keyboards and recording equipment, boxes of CDs, paint and canvases....etc. We do not deserve God's goodness to us.

I could feel God's blessing and peace last week when our house was full of music & a guitar and a piano being played for Him.


Dustin back there taking a break :)



the brothers: Derek, Dustin, Keith, & Dave (brother in the Lord :)

4 comments:

Crystal said...

The comment about Dave being a "brother in the Lord" reminds me of the line in Fireproof. When Caleb tells his friend about him giving his life to God, his friend says, "You my brother from another Mother, but now we have the same father." I love that line!

Jill said...

ooooh! It sounds like I will get to add another "favorite" to my CD list!! can't wait!
and yes, what a Blessing YOU and Dave both are to God's world!...I'm so happy you share your gifts with all of us!!
Thank you!
Many Blessings!
Jill

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

Sounds fantastic!

I love the art definition. Your blog, home, music... it's all "of more than ordinary significance." And continues to be a blessing to me every day.

Monica said...

:O) I think the inner CD cover needs the shot with Sadie in it!