Tuesday, December 8, 2009

7 things I would need if stranded on a deserted island.....

#1- Dave
#2- food
#3- my Bible (that should have been first!)
#4- paper
#5- scissors
#6- glue
#7- buttons

I got the idea for the circle wreath here. This one was a collaborative effort. Our 3 year old scribbled on some circles and the boys cut out more circles from fabric and paper. Then we cut a wreath shape out of cardboard and glued it all on. Fun, fun, fun, fun. I love paper.


colorful paper + black = happiness!

Thanks for your comments on the coffee painting. I need to do some prints in the coffee theme. That painting was commissioned by a friend and it was her idea to have the verse coming from the cups like steam- good idea, V! If you see a painting here that you like, ask me about it- it is probably painted for someone else- but I can always do one for you too.

11 comments:

Paige said...

Oh my goodness! That is so cute. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for sharing!

Marsha said...

The wreath idea is awesome. I have some Christmas-themed scrapbook paper that I need to do something with. This looks like the perfect "something." Thanks for the inspiration.

Stephanie said...

Love the wreath, how cute! You always have the best ideas!!! Keep'em coming!

sleepyhead designs studio said...

That is soooo cute!

Mrs. E said...

Another cute creation! I think I might have to make one of these!

redeemed diva said...

you are amazing. i love your art work!

Shelly said...

That Wreath is so cute! 5 things I would need

A Kendell full of books and the Bible

My Hubby

My boys (That counts as 1 right?)

My laptop with Wifi (They have that on a deserted Island I am sure!)

And my Camera


Please if you make those coffe prints before you finish my painting let me know. I definatly want one!

As I sit here and type this my 5 year old is sitting next to me finding all the numbers on the tree at the top of your page!

Anonymous said...

This afternoon my little sweeties and I made a circle wreath from Christmasy papers. So adorable. Thanks for the idea...never thought of it alone. One little sweetie chose a paper with pink, purple and green stripes. I was going to divert her, then remembered where this idea came from...smiled and said "that paper would be perfect". thanks for this fun (and colorful!) blog!
Jen N
P.S. They have hung the "wreath" on their bedroom door.

BlueCastle said...

Beautiful! I love the wreath and the tree! The bright colors make me happy just to look at them. :)

Heather said...

I found this exact project (the button wreath) online and thought of you right away! Of COURSE you found it and DID it...and of course I filed it away as a favorite to do someday soon....;-)

Megan Walker said...

Cute list! LOVE LOVE LOVE the button wreaths!!!

xoxo