Monday, November 23, 2009

the last of the fall stuff

Much easier than the wax paper leaves.....introducing contact paper leaves!!!! Just tape a piece of contact paper on the table- sticky side up, stick on leaves and glitter, cover with another piece of contact paper.

Fall cookies!!!! My mom started this tradition- buying us the acorn, leaf, pumpkin, and apple cookie cutters. And this year we added our new Ikea cutters (the circles and squares).



What a mess!!! Not sure if I will be recovered enough from this wonderful *messy* experience in time to make Christmas cookies.



Now we are into Thanksgiving week. Here is the schedule:
Mon- make grocery list
Tues- grocery shop
Wed- cook anything that can be made ahead of time (potato casserole, sweet potato casserole, spice cake, chocolate pie...friends are bringing the turkey and pumpkin pie)
Thurs- cook the rest of the veggies, bake the Pillsbury rolls, put cider in the crock pot, make cranberry punch, start a fire in the fireplace.....

How about you- thanksgiving at home, or are you going somewhere?

9 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm sure your kiddos will always remember decorating cookies with mom!

We are in Chicago for Thanksgiving this year. Just the 2 of us. It's weird when your kids are grown and have their own plans or live out of state!

Have a blessed holiday week!
Kim

bec4 said...

The cookies look delish!

gailsgarden said...

Hummm! That's what happened to my apple cookie cutter! Wait till we come for Christmas. I got some neat cookie decorating stuff at Marden's: red and green sprinkles for $1.99 which are $9.99 at Michael's and some squirt icing too. Won't we have fun?

Shelly said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We will be at my husbands Aunts House. My MILs parents are all that is still with us. So, that is where we go every year. And its the same town so no traveling! I make the mashed potatoes every year. Because one year someone made instant potatoes. I can't stand them and I am not big on Sweet potatoes. So to make sure I get what I want I make it. And this year I am also taking a salad.

Momma Rae and the Deputy said...

my husband will be home from work Firday so we will have dinner of\n Friday! yeah!! yes totally gunna cook stuff the day ahead too!! :)

Jill said...

THOSE cookies!!! so pretty...and they look delicious!!!
have a Happy Thanksgiving...we will be going to my parents! :)
Blessings!
Jill

Ruth said...

I will be hosting Thanksgiving. We have pretty much the same plan except I did the shopping today. I will brine the turkey tomorrow.

Love all the fall goodies.

Ruth

Paige said...

Such cute cookies! Hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Megan Walker said...

Love the contact paper leaves and the adorable cookies! And your Thanksgiving week list was QUITE the list Sara! LOL!

xoxo