Friday, November 27, 2009

I need to go on a diet now!

Surprise inside cake......just wait....


Jenny & I carving Marilou's awesome turkey.


Mary must be giving Marilou pointers on the gravy....yummy gravy...I thought we had leftovers of the gravy and can't find it in the stuffed fridge!!!!

Sadie loves her Miss Mary. Mary takes care of Sadie when we go away.


First fire of the season


Oh my yumminess...pumpkin pie- delicious. Jenny's chocolate chunk pecan pie- heavenly. And the cake was good too if I do say so myself....





See! There is a cream cheese filling inside! Awesome. Here is the recipe (except that I didn't use the coconut, and I changed the name, and added the cherry :). OK, but then when I was at the Kraft website, I found this...yes! that is what we will try next.

It was not all about the food! We had a very nice time with our sweet friends. We have so much to be thankful for!!!

*************************
Guess what?!? The tree is up! The mantle is dressed for Christmas! The mistletoe is hung! The Christmas books have been read all day! The nativity is out! How about you? Did you decorate today or did you shop?

11 comments:

Lisa said...

For the first time EVER I put my tree up before Thanksgiving...my kids were in shock!

The food looks so good. I could eat Thanksgiving food once a week...and be 200 lbs.
My more exercise and less food starts Monday and ends Christmas eve.

redeemed diva said...

I loved those cakes. I am smacking my lips over here. I hope you had a good day over there in USA. happy thanksgiving

Heidi said...

I just love the picture of your mantle you entitled "first fire"! It looks like such a wonderful Thanksgiving for you! I didn't put up my tree or go shopping. I slept on a pull out sofa with my niece and felt like I slept on a slope all night! So today when we got home I took a long nap in my confy bed which I now realize I am very grateful for!

Chrissie Grace said...

We did our tree and nativity scene yesterday too! I can't wait to see some of your pix!
The food all looks divine:)

Sara said...

We "shopped" -- the baby and I bought some coffee & a new toothbrush at Target. ;)

I can hardly wait to get out the decorations. I know Baby Ellie will love them all!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Mmmm...holiday food!!!! Looks DELISH!!! I need to diet too, we had WAAAYY too many desserts and I had to try all of them!!! Went shopping the morning of Black Friday and then lounged all afternoon, even took a nap!!!! Saturday after Thanksgiving is our family's decorating day- ahhhh- love the traditions!!!!

gailsgarden said...

I think I will try that cake with the chocolate inside for our church Christmas dinner. The other one looks delicious too!

Paige said...

I had my tree up early this year! So glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great week!

Shelly said...

I got up at 6:30 and went to Big lots for a Seasme Street Kitchen for my 19 month old and to Wal-Mart for a Spiderman Scooter for my 5 year old. Then came home and stashed them before everyone got up. Hubby put up some of the outside stuff and I got all my Christmas decor that isn't breakable out. Hopefully tomorrow we can do the tree.

Leisa Hammett said...

I always leave your blog happy, spirits lifted. The visuals are SO fun!

Morgan said...

Hi Sara!

I have been following you for awhile and really enjoy your blog. Recently I was given a blogger award and was told to turn around and nominate others for the same award. Well, I chose your blog as one of my favorites. I am new to this blog award stuff so no problem if you aren't interested! I just wanted you to know I love your posts and you inspire me all time!

http://becominghomegrown.blogspot.com/