Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Great Philly Cheesesteak Challenge

I loved your comments about what to do in Philly. It seems that everyone has a favorite cheese steak place! I did a little research and think that we will try Geno's. What would be more fun would be to try several different places and vote on the best...but with 3 small kids and a budget- that may not work. Altho- I really would like to try Pat's too- so maybe Dave & I could share one at each...EXCEPT that he will, no doubt, want cheeze wiz and I want provolone!!!! So let me know if there are any other cheese steaks better then the ones mentioned- and when we get back we will give our opinions- and bite by bite pictures :) :)


Our local library has these little display tables where you can just sign up and then fill it up with whatever you want! How fun! This will be up through November.

I have blogged ahead of time and scheduled to post while we are gone- so you won't even miss me :) :) Please pray for safe travels and that we will be able to be a blessing to the churches- we will be going to Marcus Hook Baptist Church and Chichester Baptist Church.

14 comments:

skB said...

oh man, Sara, I thought for SURE that Steve and I could split a cheesesteak. . .especially when I saw how expensive they were (tourist trap, I am sure of it!).

However. . .

I wanted my own! {And they were way too small to split anyway!} It was so yummy--and yes, definitely do wiz with;-)

Kim's Treasures said...

Have a great trip!!! Enjoy those steak sandwiches!!! When I'm visiting hubby in Chicago we try different Italian Beef sandwiches. They are sooo good! He found a new place to try...I'll be back there over Thanksgiving :-D

Have fun today!
Kim

Kim's Treasures said...

Oh forgot to say...love the idea of getting to set up your art at the library!

BlueCastle said...

Enjoy your trip! Sounds delicious and fun. :) Love your display, too. How neat that they let you put that up.

Stephanie said...

Love geno's and definitely wiz!

The please touch museum is lots of fun!!! Have a great time!

gailsgarden said...

I am so excited about your library display. Did you leave business cards so that you can be contacted?

I remember that our PA friends missed a white American cheese when they were out in MN. I thought that was the cheese they used in Philly cheese steaks. And, of course, we had to go to a place recommended by the locals. It was in or near Lansdale.

Ruth said...

Hope you have a really great trip. Can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

Enjoy the Philly cheese steaks and all the great sites. Praying that the churches will be a blessing to you also. I do believe you will be a blessing to them.

Love the idea of the displays at the library.

Ruth

redeemed diva said...

Have a great trip! Can't wait to see the posts that result from this new adventure

Megan Walker said...

WOW - what a wonderful idea, that you can fill up this display case with your wonderful art for all to see! That's so COOL!

Hope you're having a great trip!

Meg xoxo

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

I'm with you- provolone is best!

Have a safe and wonderful trip!!

The library display is great!!~ Wish our local libraries would do the same, and add some more interest and diversity to their displays...

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

Your library case looks amazing! ;)

Paige said...

Love the display case! Hope you guys have a safe trip.

Pop Pop & Granna said...

Love the display case -- hope it brings you lots of customers! Enjoy the provolone -- love it!

Keri said...

MMMM - can't wait to hear about what was your favorite!!