Monday, November 16, 2009

gobble!

**tuRKey Day at the *art house!!**



Meet "Mr. Plump the Turkey"



Mr. Striped Turkey



"Feathered Fellow"



Who knew it would be so fun to glue noodles onto turkey feathers??? Kept her occupied for quite awhile!
We learned how to draw a turkey from art projects for kids. The kids drew the turkey with pencil- traced with a sharpie, then painted with coffee. The kids were a little shocked that we weren't going to make these turkeys colorful! We are only going to paint them brown, Mom?!?!? We sprinkled salt on the wet coffee to add texture.

Check out this list of turkey crafts at the crafty crow.

10 comments:

Chrissie Grace said...

I love them all! I love your homeschooling ways...:)and I loved how you displayed them too!

Stephanie said...

What fun! Gobble Gobble :)

Jen B said...

LOVE all of your turkeys! What fun and so much kid-creativity, wonderful!

Monica said...

LOL! With all the color around them and your instilled love for color, I bet a simple brown painting was quite the shock! They did a great job on their drawings!

Jes said...

you're such a fun mama :)

love all the projects!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

I think you just volunteered to become my kids' art teacher:) They would love to make turkeys!!! You are such a fun mom!!!

Keri said...

Looks like a craft explosion happened in your house!!! What fun!

Jen said...

so, what do you do with all their projects? : )

Ruth said...

Too cute turkeys!!

Ruth

tnl634 said...

I just recently stumbled onto your blog and I love it!! I love your artwork!! Great project idea for kids. I'm going to have to do something like this with my kids soon!!