Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Mantle

:::::::::::::::::::************::::::::::::::::::::

Wah, wah- I didn't win the Michael's contest....But I have to say the projects that did win were really good. Good for them- I am :( very :( happy for the :( winners.....honest! Thanks for the votes for my advent tree!!!!!!

***************
We had a good day at church. Our pastor preached about setting your goals for 2010 now- we need to think and pray on it before Jan.1st. I don't have my goals written down yet, but I am thinking and praying on things...I love that focus on getting prepared for the new year and not just waking up on the 1st and having no idea what goals to reach for--or what to do when it comes to quiet time with the Lord. That is my main concern- prepare for that and possibly find a Bible study book to go through. I like having a book that asks questions abut a passage (any suggestions?). Hope you had a good day in church- have a wonderful week!

12 comments:

Paige said...

So stinking cute! I wish I had a mantle in my apartment to decorate. Love all the colors and the Christmas tree picture is the cutest! Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed week!

Denise said...

It's so YOU! I love it. You have such a good eye for FUN!

Stephanie said...

Sorry you didn't win. Love your mantle, the red and aqua look great together and that tree picture is great!

Shelly said...

I am so excited for the Christmas season. And Sunday I start back teaching the First Grade at our Church! It is so fun this year because all the kids in class are kids of my friends.

I am needing to get a Bible study going too. I have done several with our women Bible study group by Casandra Martin. The one on Paul is really good and the one on the Beatitudes.

Good luck

Jill said...

That is THE happiest mantel I have ever seen!!! I LOVE it!
Blessings!
Jill

Seth & Bethany Heijermans said...

I love your mantel! I enjoy seeing more than just the typical red and greens in decorating for Christmas.

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

Lovin' your mantle!! Your whole house is smile-inducing!!

Katie said...

I'm sorry you didn't win!!

Your mantle is adorable!!

Megan Walker said...

YOUR MANTLE AND ADVENT TREE ARE ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!

And what a great idea to start thinking about 2010 goals now!

xoxo

Adrienne said...

cute patchwork tree!

Keri said...

You didn't win?!?! I declared a mistrial and demand a recount. You were robbed!!

Cathy said...

Well..it is Jan 2,10...did you set those goals?
Mine is to finish my Ezekiel study, which the way I'm going about it will take a life time,
and
To sew a little every day...
and to use the treadmill every day...and to just Love the LORD and His people more and more each day!...I love your blog...you have a gift of COLOR! Very cheerful!