Monday, November 30, 2009

art*house 2009...a look back

January: Dave turns 40!!! Great verse to start the year by; Snow in the south!! Button rings.


February::My Valentine; our baby turns 3! Dave's first concert!! Fabric & hearts.


March::Be Still & Know that He is God! We got a puppy!!! (we luv you Sadie :) Work on the master bedroom- Sara tries her hand at subtle colors; decoupaged bench


April:: Easter nests & eggs, Me & Dave; Easter egg diorama; more chalkboard wall in the kitchen...


May:: large ABC's of life canvas; strawberry picking! fabric flower fun; trip to New Jersey & Delaware



June:: More flowers! Sara gets her own art room!!!! The tree shirt; the armoire gets a makeover


July:: Dave & Sara celebrate 10 years of marriage!!! Face painting at the Family Fun Fest!! Dave's abstract; and more chalkboard walls in the kitchen...


August:: Painting in the church nursery; ummmm, yes you guessed it- the last chalkboard wall in the kitchen, first day of school goodies!!! Some more great scripture.


September:: Fetish for the ABC's; finished in the church nursery- my fave letter- U is for umbrella; another version of the same verse, the fall scarf.


October:: Mincy O' Lanterns, punkin patch, funky painted punkins, the love affair with the striped scarf begins.....


November:: Chalkboard mantle....pumpkin cheese ball, mini cornucopia, TURKEY!!!!


Looking back at the photos...here are the art*house top 5 favorites of 2009:

#5- fabric flowers
#4- colorful trees
#3- ABC's
#2- patchwork
#1- drum roll----------let's hear it for chalkboard paint!!!!

OK- so you have to vote now....what is your favorite out of these 5??? Poll is on upper right corner of the blog.

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fun post! I enjoyed looking back at your year and remembered most of those posts, can't believe a whole year has gone by!

Chrissie Grace said...

I love this!! Can I copy you? I'll totally give you credit!!
It's so neat to see all of your projects laid out...all so colorful and creative of course!!:)
xo
Chrissie

Lisa said...

I can't believe I have been lurking/following you for a year!
I choose the ABC's but they are all great!

Cindy @ Chalk it Up! said...

I love love love your year in review! I may have to borrow this idea, if that's alright:)
Of course I voted for chalkboard paint!

Paige said...

I left you a surprise on my blog... Go check it out!

http://paigefaulkner.blogspot.com/2009/12/blogger-award.html

Katie said...

LOVE this post! It is adorable! Congrats on your 10th anniversary! And you made some adorable things this year!!

Pop Pop & Granna said...

Fun pictures! I vote for the chalkboard paint -- although the nursery wall abc's are really great -- but I don't think that was one of the five?

Cristie said...

I love them all, but my fave is the chalkboard paint. I think we're moving into a new house next summer, and I'm dreaming of chalkboard paint in my new kitchen.

Megan Walker said...

What a FUN stroll that was through your last year - I loved it! And so enjoyed remembering my fave posts and all your happiness & inspiration :)

xoxo

Jen B said...

Great post, lots of fun to look back at your projects! I voted for the fabric flowers, I love all the texture and bulk & color--but of course all your projects are great!
Happy December!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Oh I'm so glad that I just happened upon your blog. Just love your artwork. I love words in paintings! You are quite a talented lady. I love to paint myself and have shown just a few of my artwork on my blog over the past few Saturdays. I'm been afraid to do it before but feel God wants me to be brave for him with the gifts he gives to us.

It's so nice to meet you.

Lee Ann

BlueCastle said...

I'm so glad I discovered your blog this year. You have been an encouragment and I've enjoyed seeing all your creations.

Keri said...

What a wonderful, creative and blessed year it has been for your family! I love the year in review!

"Dove" said...

What a fun post! You've certainly had a colorful year. :) Fun way to showcase a great group of memories.

BTW...I love your mantle. The little bird on the branches is precious. And I love the tree painting. Then again....I love ALL your paintings. You have a way of making every color look like a happy color. :)

Ruth said...

Such a great idea. I love it.

Ruth