Tuesday, November 10, 2009

another *healthy* recipe



applefritters
They look disgusting in this picture- but they were soooooo good. Oh and also, you are supposed to core the apple and cut into rings so that they will look like nice round donuts. We don't have a corer- so the apples ended up in chunks- but they still tasted yummy!!!!

1 egg
2/3 c. milk
1 t. oil
1 c. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 t. baking powder
dash salt
5 large tart apples
1-1/2 c. oil
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon

beat egg, milk & oil. Combine flour, sugar, baking pwdr, and salt: stir into egg mixture until smooth. Batter will be thick. Peel, core, & cut apples into 1/2 inch rings. Heat oil in a pot. Dip rings into batter, fry a few at a time until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Combine sugar & cinnamon; sprinkle over hot fritters. Serve warm. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

6 comments:

gailsgarden said...

The fritters look yummy. We just finished a german chocolate cake and I was planning on dieting!

Paige said...

Mmm... Those look yummy! Getting ready to make pumpkin muffins myself.

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

We have a corer. I made these a few years ago and even with the corer they didn't look right...but they sure were yummy!!!!

redeemed diva said...

Oh my word! I love this kind of healthy!

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

Mmmmm!!!! I have everything to make this!!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? I may just make these as soon as I get up. :-)

Ruth said...

I love these. They sound so yummy!!

Ruth