Sunday, October 11, 2009

quilt festival


I am breaking the rules a little here- joining a quilt festival when I didn't even make the quilt!!! But my mom did- she sewed this quilt out of the baby dresses and outfits of my little girl (who is now 3). I LOVE this quilt. I had the idea to use all of the baby clothes- but it was my mom's idea to sew it in a crazy quilt style. I love how she included the buttons, tags, collars, etc. I am sure my daughter will cherish it forever.


I finally hung it up, Mom!


Some other cute things in this room....my old little people house still gets played with....


The sweaters! The hats!


Her special little bulletin board, mementos, the photo of her in my belly :) :)



The jackets! The scarves! The little girl jewelry!



Little tap shoes on the little feet- priceless :) We love our girl! We love the quilt too- thanx gramma!

(we also love our boys...and it seems like Gramma said something about quilts for them too :)

21 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for breaking the rules. Such a dear way to save those memories for all of you.

Zonnah said...

Very cool!

Cristi-2 If By Sea said...

That quilt is spectacular! What a treasure for your daughter.

Paige said...

Love the quilt! I have one made from some of my favorite college t-shirts that didn't wear anymore.

Vicki said...

It's a really special quilt! I've been thinking about doing something similar with my girl's baby clothes. :)

Allie said...

That is a great quilt, I'm sure your daughter will cherish it!

samsmom said...

This is just a silly comment that has little to do with your post. But I saw the green pillowcase with white polka dots that happens to match your curtains somewhere else in your house. Does this mean I am addicted to your lovely colorful blog? Or that I am just observant and appreciate your ingenuity. :) Your colors often brighten my day. Thanks! Jamie

Julie said...

we have the little people house too but it doesn't get played with much - in a house full of boys!! i love having a toy that was mine when i was a little girl!

Stephanie said...

I love this quilt and think about it often. I need to make one for Jackson one day.

Jen B said...

Such a beautiful quilt and a wonderful keepsake! I love your vintage Fisher Price house, I miss mine :-)

Laura said...

I love crazy quilts, and in that palette just look super cool Congratulations for your mom, for you and for your daugther.

Melissa Stover said...

that's a wonderful quilt! i love the beautiful colors.

Hollis said...

I love that idea! That is an excellent way to save and use the old clothes and what a great keepsake momento that she will have for years to come! LOVE it! I will have to remember that for the future when I have children!
Thanks for posting. I sure do love your Eye for Color and pattern.

Julie Bagamary said...

What a fun room!

joeandkris513 said...

I love the quilt! Makes me want to attempt the same thing! Please let us know how the appli-kay worked after washing. What a great idea!

Leila said...

That is beautiful! I just got though sorting out all of my girls summer/too small/stained clothes. Now I have an idea of what to do with them.

MARIKA said...

I like it the quilt very nice.
Marika

Joy said...

I like what you did with your baby crib. Very smart, resourceful and thrifty. The child can still use this bed til she at least gets as long as the bed itself. Saves that 'inbetween' youth bed.

wild child said...

Oh, oh, oh........ ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!!!!! What a great idea, what a talented mom, what a precious quilt for a precious girl! Wow! :)

Meg xoxo

Leslie said...

this is beautiful. that your mom made this from her little clothes is so special. it is a treasure forever.

Sharon said...

What a treasure. The quilt and your mother! Sharon