Friday, October 23, 2009

pumpkins*mini caramel apples*owls*spiders

Pumpkins- what is cuter than a pumpkin??? (pumpkins against a chalkboard wall- that is what is cuter).
Mini Caramel Apples! This idea is from Family Fun- you can see the recipe here. We tried these last week and they didn't work. I skimmed the recipe real quick and thought that we could use regular caramel. That doesn't work- it slides off the little apple piece (you take a melon baller and carve out little circles of apple - then dry well with a paper towel). If you use the butterscotch chips as they have plainly written in their recipe it will work fine! This is especially nice for kids because who wants the huge caramel apple mess that they eat 3 bites of and then hand it off to you?!

When will I learn to read directions carefully?


Here's a fun website- brightideas.com- lots of cute recipes like these, Owl cookies and spider cupcakes.

Pumpkin Cheese Ball Recipe
Pumpkin cheese ball- this would be fun to make for Thanksgiving- see the recipe here.

9 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Great ideas! The pumpkins do look cute along the chalkboard wall!

The Queen said...

So the mini carmel apples..I made the same exact mistake last year...to take to a church function, and just like yours, the carmel had all slid off before they were eaten,lol. Yet for some reason everyone still thought they were a great idea. So my question is, do they taste the same using the chips??

Love the other ideas you shared!

Shelly said...

I love the Owel cookies. For my son school party we are doing spider cookies out of oreos. and dirty cake with pudding cups.

Annie said...

Thank you!!! We've been invited to a Halloween party tomorrow and I was racking my brain trying to think of something to bring! The little caramel apples and pumpkin cheese ball are perfect!

Adrienne said...

cute cheeseball! about two bites of carmel apples is all i can stand, so those look perfect to me too!

Stephanie said...

well, of course I love the owl cookies... but the idea for mini carmel apples takes the cake! What a great idea, even I get sick of a whole apple, how clever!!!

Wendy said...

I want to try the mini caramel apples b/c I can totally relate to the three bites they take and then hand it off to you. Thx for the reminder about reading the directions carefully. =) I love your fall ideas!

Paige said...

Cute, cute ideas! I have to make something for our Senior class next week and I think I just found the recipe to use. : )

Catherine Anne said...

You have the most fun ideas Sara