Tuesday, October 6, 2009

On the Road Again- Greenville, SC

We got to go to the church where we attended while we lived in Greenville. Dave had a concert at Colonial Hills on Sunday night. What fun to see all of our old friends (and young ones too!)

Here we are at Doc Chey's with Barb, Jon, Gigi, & Pops. So good to be with family- even for a short visit.
Dave singing a duet with Ray. I know Dave really enjoyed singing and working along side of the Duvalls again!


Here with Kellie Gray, the pastor's wife at CHBC. I was SO glad we had time to chat. Kellie is a huge encouragement and inspiration to me! I am sad we did not get a picture with Pastor Gray. We love you guys and hope that you can come see us next! We were very blessed to be with the people of Colonial Hills and also to hear Pastor's message in the morning service- we needed that! Your church is a huge blessing to us and we miss you all!

Not sure why the happy meal toy made it into the picture....

Every time Dave does a concert there is something new that speaks to me. This time it was his song, Little Things. "Often it's the little things that God can use the very most..." Most of the time I take this to mean that God can use little children (it is technically a children's song), but this time I also was reminded that God uses the little things that we do. I felt so bad- that afternoon (Sunday afternoon before the concert) I got frustrated with the kids- just about the usual kid things that you have to deal with...you know what it is like to travel with children- you need to be organized and try and keep them occupied, etc.

I was just so convicted by that song and also that morning's message by Pastor Gray that we need to sacrifice daily in order to live a holy life (Romans 12:1 and then Hebrews 13:15)- we need to continually offer a sacrifice of praise to God........it is the continually that gets me!

As a mom I have a very important ministry to the little children in my care! And each little thing that I do is important in God's eyes! Every little question that they ask- every time I have to bend down and tie that little shoe lace- that is an important job! I need to do those things in Love (I Cor. 13 again!) and joyfully.


Poor Dave- he had to put up with me and then go and do his concert.....I know that the devil likes to mess up times like that, he likes to mess with us on Sundays.....the next concert we go to I am going to pray extra hard on Sunday and before the concert, "Lord, help me to take care of those little things with joy and not get frustrated with the kids." I am also going to try and remember to constantly renew my mind with scriptures- that is what will help.

Thanks, Dave, for your patience and love. Thanks for being a man who wants to serve God and lead your family in the right direction. Thanks for actually meaning the words that you sing. We love ya and appreciate all you do for us!

10 comments:

Madison said...

Glad you had a good time! It's fun seeing everybody when you haven't seen them in a while!

Love,~Madison~

gailsgarden said...

I'm thankful that you have a tender heart! Your attitude is a blessing! We love you! Dad and Mom

Jennifer said...

looks like you had a great time!

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

Fabulous post. I've been convicted of the same thing lately: I need to take JOY in it all. The shoe-lace tying is a great example.
We are so fragile. We are here for such a short time, and we have such an awesome responsibility. Really, it just astounds me sometimes that God trusts me so much!!

Love the pictures. Can I say that it's perfect that your hubby has on a tie with dots?? Love it!

V. said...

thanks for sharing openly and honestly. I felt led to pray for you this morning as I read about your challenges.

"a broken and contrite heart, the Lord will not despise...!"

V.
http://www.repurposed.wordpress.com

Pop Pop & Granna said...

Great post, Sara. We've all been there many times! I've always said the Lord taught me the MOST through my constant interaction with my kids -- seeing my own sin -- kids are one of God's best sanctification tools! I'm so glad you're Dave's wife!

Jill said...

Beautiful post!!! So true! It is ALL important...
Blessings!
Jill

The Amazing Trips said...

Hey, I was just there this past weekend!! I'm so happy to see that you were able to reunite with old friends. Give Greenville my love. I ADORE it there!!

Safe travels!! :)

Keri said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip. What a wonderful family you have!

Rachel C. said...

I'm so sorry I missed this! I had meant to go when I heard about it a month ago as we live in Greenville! But as God would have it we had an opportunity to have some unsaved friends over Sunday afternoon and they stayed for dinner. It was a great opportunity to talk with them more. Anyway, I hope we can get to see Dave in concert sometime soon. Enjoy your blog...stumbled onto it from Knack.