Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Food News::


**The blizzard of the month at DQ is Pumpkin Pie!!!

**Red Robin has a caramel apple smoothie. (I have not tried it yet, but it looked good)

**We had chicken & dumplings tonight with a new recipe. Dave said they were just like Mom used to make :) (guess I should have just asked you for the recipe, Mom M!). I used to make the round dumplings- but these were the flat, noodle-like dumplings. Is it a southern thing to make the flat dumplings? Anyway- Dave was a happy boy at supper.....

He is going to get me for posting this one.....I have it as my desktop background so I get to see these baby blues all day :)

9 comments:

justin, jake and jenna's mom said...

***laughing***

rabryan said...

It's a NC thing to have the flat ones...Bobby's family calls it chicken pastry. In AL we call it chicken 'n dumplings, and the dough is round and fluffy.(It's basically biscuit dough that's boiled in the stew). SC has this dish called chicken bog, but it's made with rice. Not sure what the other southern states do.

Stephanie said...

Oh yum, pumpkin blizzard. I haven't made chicken and dumplings yet, but it's one of Andy's favorites this time of year.

Sherri S said...

Hmm, I do love me some DQ but not sure about pumpkin ice cream. LOL

Paige said...

A pumpkin blizzard... Hmm... I may have to try and find a DQ close by and try that.

I love Chicken 'N Dumpling's and may just have to try this recipe!

Momma Rae and the Deputy said...

OOo you know steak and shake also an caramel apple milkshake that looks pretty darn gooood.

Seth & Bethany Heijermans said...

I can't let fall go by without at least one pumpkin pie blizzard-they are TASTY!

Keri said...

Dave is SUCH a good sport.

Your food ideas tempt me so (by the way, your pumpkin cake was a HUGE hit with everyone in our house)!

Joy said...

That's funny, glad Dave was a happy boy! I love your art work, and photos of your happy, loving, cozy home. I haven't visited for awhile, but haven't forgotten you either! Your art work and the colors you use are so uplifting and inspiring. God bless!