Wednesday, September 30, 2009

we've been dave-less for too long...

Dave was gone for 6 days!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to see his face. I am waking the kids up in a few minutes to go get him at the airport. They are so excited. The little one said, "you mean we get to go in the car in our pajamas and see the stars and moon in the sky?!"

The balloon and whoppers and cards are all ready for daddy! DON'T EVER LEAVE ME FOR THAT LONG AGAIN, DARLIN!!!
I am glad he got to go, really I am. He had a concert in Nebraska and really enjoyed his time there with a friend who is also a musician. From what I hear they had a lot of fun.


Meanwhile back here at the home front.....we had a lot of dress-up, lots of cartoon DVD's, lots of missing Daddy...
This little doggie just warms my heart! She got to sleep with me this week- usually she sleeps in her kennel. The kids took turns sleeping with me too. It was mostly good except that each night she would wake up a few times and lick our faces and then clean herself very loudly :) Back to the kennel for you, miss Sadie!!

We got lots of school work done...


more pictures for Daddy...


..the boys got haircuts....


When the children get rowdy...just kidding! She went in there of her own free will- honest! Sadie wasn't sure what to do about this.



And now for my surprise for Dave! He is always encouraging me to get the book done. I have wanted to write and illustrate a children's book forever! This year I said was going to be the year- but had gotten NOTHING done on it. I decided I would work like crazy and get it done while he was gone. I got a lot done- but now it looks to me like it needs a few more pages....but he will be happy.Just a sneak peek.....


So goodnight, friends! Next time I see you, hopefully we will all be wearing Nebraska t-shirts :)

15 comments:

"Dove" said...

Ahh...looks like you went the extra mile to make homecoming extra special. Hope your family is happily reunited! The book looks like a lot of fun!

BlueCastle said...

So glad your husband is coming home, how fun! I'm so excited about your children's book! Can't wait to see the final product!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Silly girl .... kennels are for dogs!!

Paige said...

Can't wait to see the children's book! I have always wanted to write one, but am not sure I would be any good at it! Yay for you starting yours!

Jara said...

Thanks for your sweet comments about my strawberries and my music! I LOVE your art!!!! Have I already said that??? I also want to write a childrens book -so I am proud of you for finally finishing yours - can't wait to see it! I still haven't sat down long enough to write mine yet, tons of ideas swirling around but nothin'! Well, nice to meet you on the blog world, I'm off to bed here in Texas!

skB said...

glad Dave is back home with you all--can I put in my order now for Graeme's copy of his auntie's book?! That looks SO! GREAT!!!

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see your children's book! What a fun homecoming your husband will have!

Chrissie Grace said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the children's book too!
I hope you all enjoy his homecoming:)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Glad your Dave is coming home. Please re-think putting Sadie back in the kennel; that's something she won't understand and it's cruel to her. She's been a member of the pack for the past few days/nights and to stuff her back in the kennel is to tell her she's done something wrong and is being punished.
Think like one of God's creatures and see it from her perspective.
smile.

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

I can't think of anyone more perfect to write & illustrate a children's book! By the way, your second book should be about a mommy who loves color and spreads a rainbow throughout her house. She even paints her fireplace mantel BLUE! ;)

justin, jake and jenna's mom said...

Love the looks of the book!!!!

Jenny said...

I can NOT wait to see your book...go ahead and reserve my copy now!

Keri said...

I'm glad she didn't get stuck!!!!

wild child said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! You are awesome at holding down the fort girlfriend! I'm glad all went well and glad your honey had a wonderful time! And really glad he's back!

And so excited about your book! What the heck!?!?!

Meg xoxo

Joy said...

LOL at the 'kennel girl'. I was just thinking about how I like it that you have scripture all over your house and it's decorative,bright, cheerful and fun also! Yeah!