Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wake Up Call



Have you ever had one of those days where you were complaining and grumbling inside your head to yourself- and also complaining out loud???! I had one of those days yesterday. God always knows just what we need! I took the kids to the park to eat a picnic lunch and when we sat down to eat one of our friends and her little boy showed up to eat a picnic lunch too! What an encouragement to be able to have adult conversation with a friend while the kids played.

An then I read this today: (Philippians 2:14-15)


Do all things without complaining and disputing
(in the margin of my Bible it said that complaining can mean grumbling and disputing can mean arguing). Even tho this is a huge rebuke to me- I take it as a positive thing- God saw what was happening and He wanted to help- He directed me to the right scripture that I needed!...then the verses go on to say.....that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation among whom you shine as lights in the world!

That is what I want to be - a light!!! But lately I feel I have been a very dingy light bulb....the glass has been half empty and I have been complaining about things.

Lord, forgive me! Help me to shine brightly for you! I have so much to be thankful for- why do I struggle in my mind and invent trouble for myself. Have you ever done that?? Think up scenarios in your head that are completely untrue? Like- that person has it out for me because they looked at me a certain way- CRAZY- I need to meditate on Phil 4:8- thinking on what it true!! What is true? God loves me! God forgives me!
Hope you have a happy day - a day where GOD'S light shines brightly through YOU!

6 comments:

BlueCastle said...

Good verses, good reminders. :) I get in that fink too. God sure knows how to pull us out, though, doesn't He? :)

Garth and Becky said...

My hubby left for 10 days this morning, so I needed this reminder today...thank you! On another note, I tried your pumpkin cake recipe the other day and it was SO YUMMY! It even made my house smell great.

Preppy 101 said...

Great post. I used to tell my children when I would ask them to do something, if you can't do it with a glad heart - - - Mom's lecture follows ;-) Love your art and your heart. xoxo

Monica said...

During Pastor's sermon Sunday morning on the grace and peace salutations, I kept looking for my exemption clause..."except on Monday mornings, when you have a chocolate craving with no chocolate in the house, or when you loose that special coupon you've been saving, and so on..." Glad today is going better! Call me if you need a break tomorrow!

Keri said...

God has been telling me the last several weeks to hide His Word in my heart. Another reason to love you blog - you give me great reminders.

wild child said...

Sara, I absolutely *loved* all 3 of your paintings in this post! Wonderful!

And I have to say... you really *are* a light. A bright shining light. I so see you as that, every time I come to your blog. In fact, that's one of the reasons I want to COME here.

Remember how in Matthew chapter 5 it says "Ye are the light of the world"? And that a candle is not lit and put under a bush, but on a candle stick so it lights the entire house. So "let your light so shine before men". To me you epitomize that scripture.

Just sayin :)

Meg xoxo