Sunday, September 6, 2009

stuff

food for thought

Happy Labor Day eve! We celebrated by watching the Smurfs and eating popcorn. The kids are now all nestled snug in their beds with cabbage patch dolls, my little pony, transformers and Rubik's cubes. The Smurfs are my favorite- they bring back good memories...Saturday mornings at 8am with a bowl of cereal.

We sang a song is church today called Trust in God, My Soul. Beautiful song. Some of the words really jumped out at me today:

Oh Lord, I trust Your Word; it gives me hope & light to see. The path ahead tho now obscured, will open wide for me...
Oh Lord, I trust Your love; I feel its warm & changeless glow....


Isn't that beautiful!?

Oh! Remember the book I told you I was getting to collaborate on? Chrissie Grace gave a sneak peek on her blog. I am so excited to see the finished product! To be able to work with all of these other artists is such an honor for me. Can you tell which sneak peek pic is mine?

10 comments:

Lexie said...

I love the Smurfs too for the same reason--great memories of Saturday mornings!

The Queen said...

I think it's the last one, am I right?? Very cute painting, love the flowers on it :)

Jane said...

Thanks for sharing your art and the song verse. I am trying so hard to trust God's word and be a *follower* and not a bullheaded wannabe. One day at a time. Went over to Chrissy Grace's sight. The book is going to be so cool!

Sara said...

Is it the last picture with the polka dots and painted button? I love the new painting -- the flowers are adorable!

The Hopkins Home said...

Oh the Smurfs!! Me too - every Sat. morning Smurfs and cereal :) I LOVE my prints - got them Sat. Thanks so much again!! Christen

Jill said...

LOOOVE the new painting!!! Such beautiful and TRUE words!! can't wait for the new book!
Congrats! What a honor!
Blessings!
Jill

Jenn A said...

I'm pretty sure yours is the last sneak peek in her pictures. It just looks like YOU. =) How cool to be able to participate in a book!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Heeeheee We're on a Smurf kick, too. Well, at least my hubby and the kids are. It doesn't bring back any memories for me, but it sure makes my man feel all nostalgic and happy. :-)
Love the painting!! Beautiful, as always. You are so amazingly talented.

Ruth said...

Sounds like a great time together. I love those.

We actually watched Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was very funny.

I'm going over for that sneak peak.

Ruth

Keri said...

Love, love, love the new painting.