Friday, September 4, 2009

salsa & a blender lamp

Boomama is hosting a diptacular today so that we can all get some new dip recipes. You know I love to join in any party that Boomama is hosting. Here is the salsa recipe that I have shared before:
before it was blended

Singapore Salsa- This is that salsa recipe that my mom in law makes. It is the best salsa I have ever had. I am not even one to get into salsa- so this stuff has made me turn over a new leaf.

2 cans Del Monte diced tomatoes with jalapenos
1 can peaches, drained

1/2 - 1 med. onion

1 bunch cilantro

1 tsp. salt

lime juice to taste (last time I made this with the juice of 1 & 1/2 limes)
1 T garlic


put all in blender or food processor. Blend! (It is not a chunky salsa).
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Speaking of blenders- my mom & dad recently visited my brother on the west coast and got some good pictures of his place. He is renovating and the house is going to look so good. He has always been creative. Here is a blender that he made into a lamp...and more pics for you to enjoy of Andy, his vegetarian kitchen, and his house:


I love his retro/modern decor.






My dad & Andy. (he is dating someone, but you never know- he is not married yet, so let me know if you are interested ;) :) See all the posts about Mom & Dad's visit to Andy's at mom's blog.

11 comments:

Heather said...

yummy!!! looks and sounds so good!!

Jane said...

You are so funny! But hey, you never do know. I mentioned to a friend that I was worried about my brother living so far from family. And low and behold she happened to have a friend in NJ he might like to meet. They are married today! I see it as a sister's duty to look out for the little bro! His blender lamp is too cool for school!

Jill said...

Oh YUMMM!!! and not too hard to make either!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Have a great weekend!
Blessings!
Jill

gailsgarden said...

I knew you would love those black and white bowls. There is another white one but it was in use at the time.

christina said...

hmmm ... Andy is cute.....

Julie said...

i didn't notice any of your artwork around his place????
LOVE the blender lamp!!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you that my sister is single and we need to play matchmaker. Really:)

BlueCastle said...

That blender lamp is awesome! I love that. Any chance you could get him to share how he did it? :)

gailsgarden said...

In the picture of Andy and his dad, I bet you can't tell which one is the vegetarian. It is probably... well, the one who looks better fed.
Love, Dad

Sarah said...

I can see your brother is as cool as you are! :-)

Ruth said...

I made some great salsa with tomatoes from our garden this weekend.

I love the blender lamp.

Ruth