Saturday, September 19, 2009

good food & cute food

I made this last night and it was so good warm out of the oven with vanilla ice cream:

Cherry Cobbler
1 stick butter, melted
2 (21 oz.) cans cherry pie filling
1 yellow cake mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Melt butter in large bowl in micro. Add cake mix to butter, mix until well blended. Pour cherries into baking dish. Pour cake and butter mixture over cherries. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour.

For Apple Cobbler: Substitute 2 cans apple filling and 1 spice cake mix.



Look how cute!!!- monsters on a stick- seen at Little Nummies

14 comments:

Tara said...

cobblers sound easy and yummy...thanks for sharing!

lori vliegen said...

your cobbler recipe sounds scrumptious....and with vanilla ice cream, oh yeah!! :))

Adrienne said...

mmmmmm! cherry cobbler is a favoreite around here :)

justin, jake and jenna's mom said...

very cute!!!

Stephanie said...

Those monsters are too cool!

kptc4 said...

Sara...I have made that recipe for years instead I use a 1 large can of sliced peaches with juice instead of the cherry pie filling and it is yummy. I am going to try it with cherry pie filling.

Tracey said...

Another yummy sounding recipe!
Tracey

kptc4 said...

update to my other comment...to make it easier yet: I just sprinkle the cake mix over the canned peaches and drizzle the melted butter over the top of the cake mix

Ruth said...

Sounds like a yummy and quick desert.

Ruth

Keri said...

Mmmm - sounds delicious AND easy. Thanks for the recipe!

koralee said...

Now these are amazingly cute indeed...love your bright beautiful blog! It just makes me happy!

BlueCastle said...

My mom used to make cobblers when I was growing up. I haven't had one in such a long time. Thank you for sharing this recipe. It sounds delicious. :)

Kathryn said...

I made one last week called Pumpkin Krunch---same type of dessert. I found the recipe here---http://thepleasuresofhomemaking.blogspot.com/2009/09/is-it-too-early-for-pumpkin-krunch.html.

I added several spices to the pumpkin though--ground cloves, nutmeg and ginger, and I used a french vanilla cake mix (cause thats what I had on hand). Delish!!

Catherine Anne said...

Love this Sara