Thursday, August 13, 2009

paintings and the boys room

Large painting Color Squares for sale here.


So the "birds flying over my head" are boys living in my house- I love them, I think they are great- but they have made a NEST in my head (or rather I have allowed them to keep a trashy room). Some of you have asked to see the boys room. I have showed you the little girl's room many times- and never gone where no man or woman should be allowed to go........Here it is.....





The only thing I have done is clip up the fabric for curtains- and hung a few pictures. Here is a photo of Daddy (Dave) with Granna when he was a baby - awwwwww.

The boys have asked me several times to paint rocket ships on the walls. I haven't done it yet because I get nauseous when I enter their room. They just have a knack for taking a perfectly clean room and making it stinky and messy with little corners of trash here and there. I know it is my fault. I have not taught them how to organize- or really set the room up to be easy to clean. They are required to make their beds everyday and clean up- but I need to get in there and scrub and paint and organize and toss out a few hundred little toys.

17 comments:

Jes said...

you mean a few THOUSAND little toys...??? or is that just my kids' rooms...;)

Jennifer said...

Sara....

Don't beat yourself up. They are boys. It's hard to have anything nice with two boys in the house, and boys are messy. I even have a messy girl!! I know we want it perfect, but it will never be that way. I do make them clean, but our definitions are not the same, and I choose my "battles"

gailsgarden said...

Cute bowls on the mantle!

Sarah said...

Paint the rockets, Sara! I can't wait to see that. :)

Stephanie said...

You should definitely paint some rockets on their wall, it would also inspire you to completely organize that room. Then you'll love it sooo much more!

sunflowerlin said...

I love the old Wyoming license plate on the wall simply because I am from Wyoming!!!!

BLOG CRAZY! said...

I am just a new little blogger but your blog really inspired me to day so I wrote about you! My son is a wonderful artist and I can't wait to show him your home! Thanks for being so talented and for sharing it with blogger fans like me!

Here is the link to my post

http://amiezramblingz.blogspot.com/2009/08/amazed-and-inspired.html

Ruth said...

You can do it. Just go in there focused and you'll be done in no time. It will inspire them to keep their room cleaner and organized.

Ruth

Sara said...

"Rocketship! Rocketship!" she said while banging her fists on the table.

Jill said...

LOOOVE the bird and tree painting!!! and the boy's room! Too cute!...and I'm with you on the "tackle it"...working up my nerve for the playroom!
Blessings!
Jill

kyley said...

ok..the bird painting might just be my new FAVORITE!!! AWESOME!! INCREDIBLE!! I LOVE IT!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Do a one-day-speed-clean and then paint the next day, before they can mess it up again! (I have three boys, so I know what I'm talking about!!)

And, for the record, my daughter is MUCH sloppier than any of my boys.

An added bonus: I bet the boys will want to spend more time in their rocket room when it's all done. And no one likes to be in a sloppy room, so it might really inspire them to keep things tidy. :-) You never know. Art has such amazing side effects!!

wild child said...

Okay girl, I have to razz you about this post ;) You have obviously not seen a "real" revolting boys room - LOL! Your boys are not even very messy! This really is a very cute room - and it's loaded with potential! And you are just the person to whip it into shape! They will LOVE it!

Meg :)

Heart Song Studio said...

Thanks for the comment. I adore your style and sense of color, but most of all I love the fact you have brought your 2 passions together...painting and His word! So inspiring...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. God used your words to really encourage me in this season of my life!
Ammy

Keri said...

Okay - the room isn't that bad! You can see the floor and I think that is pretty good considering 2 boys live there :)

mrs.pabody said...

I love my little bird!!!! Thank you so much!