Monday, August 17, 2009

L, M, N, O, P, Q, and Dave


I can't tell you when I have had more fun- painting alphabet letters is where it is at for me. I guess because it combines everything about me-- from the painting- to kindergarten teacher- to mom- to loving the colors and polka dots and stripes. I think N-nest is my current favorite (EXCEPT FOR THE ANNOYING FIRE ALARM THING IN THE WAY!!! :) (not that I don't believe in fire safety- it is just like the thermostat at home - always in the wrong place at the wrong time)


For anyone new, this is at our church nursery- here is the first post about it.

The octopus took me out of my comfort zone- I looked up real octopi :) on the computer and got grossed out- seriously, have you looked one in the eye lately??

I hope you "P" is for Pig people can live with the pumpkin. And honestly, Connie- I think your idea for M was so cute I almost changed it to mittens at the last minute :)



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Did you see Dave in concert at the grocery store on Saturday? No, well I did! The muffin section has never been more happy! Dave has branched out and gone to local businesses to see if he can play for a few hours and sell CDs. This grocery store was having a customer appreciation day and it was extra special because of the beautiful piano music that you heard as soon as you entered the door.

Can anyone see something wrong about this picture? If you know Dave you will catch it in an instant :)

28 comments:

Jennifer said...

How can you drink diet pepsi? traitor!

Momma Rae and the Deputy said...

the pepsi?!?!? right?!?!?!

Randi said...

Is it the coke right beside the keyboard? THAT would drive me crazy...I can just see it tipping.....

Jes said...

Love the Alphabet on the wall.. So cute! Just started following you, but love you blog already!

Laura D said...

I noticed the Pepsi right away.... "He's a Diet Coke guy,isn't he?" Love how the alpahbet is looking. Such a cute idea!

gailsgarden said...

Yep! We got it right away but that isn't his clavinova either, is it?

The alphabet is very cute!

Madison said...

I don't know him but I am going to guess..... either the diet Pepsi or his shirt tucked in. Tell us in your next post!!!!!!

Shelly said...

I love the Octopus and the quilt!

I also got your print in the mail. I am so happy. Now just to find the frame and perfect place to hang it.....

Stephanie said...

The alphabet turned out great, I love O and P! Great job, this would be so cute in a nursery.

Justin, Jake and Jenna's mom said...

The alphabet it ADORABLE!!! Love it!

I'm LOL about Dave in the muffin section with his PEPSI, hee hee!!! He's very creative and I love the grocery store idea.

Paige said...

Love the alphabet! What a beautiful gift for those precious children that enter the nursery. May God continue to bless you as you use your talents for his glory!

skB said...

OH! WHAT! FUN! I love the alphabet! And I noticed the pepsi too--how funny! That is such a great idea to play in stores. . .I'm sure the shoppers really appreciated it too!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh Sara, I love this! You are so good. I wish I had access to this nursery. I would love to see it in person.

Keri said...

I love how the nursery wall is coming along! The nest is really cute.

How cool for Dave! I bet that was a first for him!

Pam said...

Dost mine eyes deceive me? Is that a PEPSI can right there beside him??? Has he finally gotten his heart right?

Holly said...

I LOVE the alphabets! Totally adorable! As for the diet pepsi... I <3 diet pepsi!

christina said...

wait.... dave drinks pepsi? if i remember correctly from my high school days (which, as i am reminded today was over 9 years ago), he drinks coke......

Christie said...

These are ADORABLE!! You are so talented!! I also LOVE the colors you chose and all the polk-a-dots too.

mrs.pabody said...

Diet Pepsi?? What is the world coming to? And why didn't he think of this when we lived in Clayton? I would certainly have gone to Lowe's that morning!!!! :) We are praying for you guys!!!

Jill said...

Oh I love the alphabet!!! just darling!!...I love the little tree branch with the sweet nest!

Donette said...

I would **LOVE** to walk into my grocery store and hear Dave's music. That would be so much better than the muzak they play over the speakers!

Jenn A said...

The alphabet is wonderful! I LOVE it! Yes, real octopi are rather creepy looking, but yours is very cute! The verses with the letters are great too. What a blessing to your church!

Gina Lee Kim said...

Love love love your alphabets!!! And your comment about the fire alarm/thermostat getting in the way....tell me about it! p.s. everyone is guessing the pepsi, but what about the muffin sign directly above your husband's head? "muffinhead" was that planned? Lol

Sue said...

Diet Pepsi. Ugh! It had to belong to someone else. Or he was sorely desperate.

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Oh Sara it looks so cute and I love the nest!

I totally noticed the diet pepsi can sitting there! :)

Ruth said...

How great that he can go and play there.

I love how the nursery is coming along.

Ruth

Julie said...

i love to see your work!!! i am so jealous that is not my church!!!
i have aquestion for you - do oyu use a stencil for your lettering or is it all free hand?? how do you keep it so straight????

Jen B said...

The nursery alphabet is turning out great--I keep checking back to see the next set of letters, love them all!