Tuesday, August 11, 2009

::hoops::pillow::flowers::bread::canvases::

This is for Sarah who was asking about the circles- Just put fabric in an embroidery hoop- trim the edges and glue raw edges to the back. So many possibilities! Even Gigi has some on her wall.


This is for the Queen who asked about the pillow. I made this the first year that Dave and I were married. I didn't have a sewing machine then, and sewed the patches together by hand, then made it into a pillow. Our whole apartment was red and blue at that time (mostly blue).


Thanks for the comments about the hair! Just like Dave said in his comment- it has saved him from hours of me asking- "how about this? Do you like this way better???" he thanks you and I thank you !!


flowers at Whole Foods

The kids and I went to our art supply store today, Jerry's Artarama- always a pleasure!!!! Then on to a few more errands that brought us close to Whole Foods and I figured we would go in to get some free samples. We ended up buying a loaf of french bread and a big bag of fresh cherries- a really nice lunch. When I visit Whole Foods I get all inspired to eat healthy...(but then I come home and make baked mac n' cheese and potato casserole)

paper at the art store




canvases.....rows and rows of beautiful canvases- I found the 'above the door' size- (8"x24")



Here is Marilou's above the door canvas. I found this photo tucked away in my computer- I can't remember what we were laughing about except that it was probably one of the kids trying to take the picture.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fabric in hoops are fun! Look at all those canvas's, great store!!

Jill said...

What a fun art store!!! I am loving the fabric in the hoops lately too!
Blessings!
Jill

Sarah said...

I just have to find some of those fabric hoops. You make it look so cute when you do it!