Thursday, August 6, 2009

food, food, fattening food

Here is a recipe that Marilou asked for- so I thought I would post it on here for any of you who do not have a potato casserole recipe. This is the Mincy Family comfort food. (well one of the many...)

Cheesy Potatoes
1 pound bag frozen shredded hash browns
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 can crm celery soup
1/2 c. chopped onion
3 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 t. salt

MIX
BAKE at 350 for about an hour.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Also, since you asked, Keri- the Z bread!
1 1/2 c. flour
1 t. Cinnamon
half t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 c. sugar
1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
1/4 c. cooking oil
1 egg

Grease loaf pan.
Combine first 6 ingr.
In another bowl combine rest of ingr.
add dry mix to the zucchini mix. Stir just til moist. Spoon into pan. Bake at 350 for 55 min.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Here's a really good looking recipe to try- The Football Wife's Ratatouille. I would love this- my husband would hate this. He likes vegetables when they are prepared in such a way as described in the above recipes :)

Speaking of food- guess where we got to go for supper??!? SWEET TOMATOES! Our favorite! Uncle Tom, Tommy, and Gigi came into town tonight (Gigi is on her way to Aunt LeAnn's). Oh the salad! The sourdough bread! The tortellini soup! The hot apple crisp with ice cream! (oh and it was great to see our relatives too :) :)
Alright now, after you make the potato casserole and zucchini bread- who wants to go on a diet with me and keep me motivated and give me prizes for losing weight? Who really wants to lose 10 pounds and who has a plan they want to share with me?????

9 comments:

lori vliegen said...

well, i would really like to lose 10 pounds (for a start!), but don't have a plan, especially now that i've seen the potato casserole and zucchini bread recipes! :)

congrats to you and dave on the new CD!!

Stephanie said...

Great recipe, I'll have to try this. I actually just lost 10 or so lbs and the only way it seems to work for me is I still eat what I always eat, just cut the portions in half. I also make sure to get outside and walk at least a half an hour everyday, weather permitting.

Jennifer said...

this is too funny....I just made the same casserole this week only I used cream of chicken soup....it is SOOOO good!!!

Garth and Becky said...

I definitely plan to try these recipes. Thanks for posting them. I've lost 35 pounds since the first of the year just exercising. I still eat pretty much what I want to (just watch the portions) and do the elliptical for an hour a day. That has made the weight literally seems like it falls off if I stay consistent with it! I have another 45 pounds to lose!

skB said...

hey! What a fun day! And hey, I plan to lose around 10 pounds on or around September 24th. . .that's my plan:) Prizes are welcome too:)

Sue said...

I am laughing so hard right now! I really want to go on a diet. I really want to eat all that food without preparing it. I need to lose 60 lbs. Have to drop this baby first and see what's left. Prizes for weight loss? Chocolate. Ice Cream. Soda Pop. Cookies. Small portions of course and only ONCE per day :)

Jes said...

EEEEEEEEEEK!
i want your scarf....WANT!!!! you are sooooo cute! :D

wild child said...

Okay, I'm assuming the adorable woman in the photo with you is Gigi, and all I can say is... anyone who wears chic sunglasses and such a totally *cool* necklace must be DA BOMB!!! She is TOO CUTE!!!

Megan :)

Keri said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'll be trying this soon. If only I had zucchini in the house right now. A trip to the store tomorrow!!

The cheesy potatoes also sound ridiculously good!