Wednesday, August 12, 2009

do your shoes match your bag? does your art match your bag??


This painting is for a sweet friend who wanted the bag used as inspiration. I love the bag- so this one was a fun one to paint. She chose this quote and then had me add the reference for
I Corinthians 13:4-7:
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

What GREAT verses- this is how Jesus loves us!!!! This is how I am supposed to love others- big job- thank the Lord we don't have to do it on our own......Help me, Lord, to remember these verses- I need this reminder daily....no hourly!

16 comments:

Kristen said...

This is fabulous! I stumbled onto your blog a couple of days ago looking for ideas for decorating our church nursery. I have had so much fun looking at all your great stuff!

BlueCastle said...

That's beautiful! Love those colors together.

Sarah said...

Too cute! I love the colors and the patterns. I'm wishing I had some mad skillz like you. :P

Sarah said...

Too cute! I love the colors and the patterns. I'm wishing I had some mad skillz like you. :P

lori vliegen said...

what a fabulous interpretation!! this is one of my favorite passages in the Bible. i know that your friend will be thrilled to hang this in her home!! :)

Jes said...

excellent!
i think i'll start sewing so i can make my clothes match my cottages. ;)

Gina Lee Kim said...

O my gosh...you nailed the color!

Gina Lee Kim said...

O my gosh...you nailed the color!

Farmgirl Paints said...

You did good girl!

Tara said...

Oh wow. Love the bag, the picture, AND the scriptures.
She should love that!

Tammy said...

Oh, I love them both! Beautiful job!

Sarah said...

Oh, that's great, Sara! Love it.

Jill said...

I love it!...how fun! the painting is beautiful!
Blessings!
Jill

Ruth said...

I love it!! It's so great.

Ruth

wild child said...

WOW - I love that bag, and what an awesome idea to use something like that as inspiration! That's something I wish I were better at. And seriously Sara, you did a FABULOUS job with your artwork! It turned out WONDERFUL! Way to go girl!

Meg :)

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

How come I never saw this post? I would have added that I LOVE the art better than the bag and everyone who gets allowed in my bedroom loves the painting also!!!! You are awesome:)