Tuesday, August 18, 2009

black, white, & lime green

Awesome verses. I need to paint one of these for my Dad too --seeing as these are his life verses AND today is his Birthday! Happy Birthday Dad!!!!!! Not sure how much he will be on a computer though, as mom & dad are in WA with my brother. Wish we could be there too!!!!


Some people live by this motto more than others- I can think of 2 little people who live in my house that practice it daily :)


another good reminder (how much trouble do we get ourselves in just because we are not content?!?!)

****************************
You all were right about the Pepsi being out of place beside Dave- he was really desperate to settle for Diet Pepsi as he is a die hard Diet Coke fan- remember this painting?...............................


Can you believe I am married to a 40 year old?!? :)

......................................
Hope your Tuesday is going well for you. Our youngest has the croup--pray that we will get through the night without having too much trouble- thank you!

14 comments:

Sarah said...

I'll be thinking of your lil one! My son has been coughing all night from his asthma. No fun.

I love those three paintings you did. :) Beautiful!!

Sara said...

Uh-oh! Poor Little One! At least you're not married to a 41 year old. *wink*wink*

Love "Contentment" -- it's likely that everyone needs that hanging above their door to remind us of the blessings in our lives.

gailsgarden said...

Poor baby! We will pray for her.

Dad got your birthday wishes and thanks you. We had a good trip...
this area is BEAUTIFUL, just like the island. Don't know how much we will be on the computer but we will at least check once in a while.

Genie Marie said...

I love the picture you made for your Dad...if you ever sell one like that...I would love to buy it. Love the verse:) Hope your little one feels better soon!!!

Shelly said...

I love the Dance one. My little one bops up and down to any music he hears. Singing at church, commercials on TV. He really like Dave's CD we downloaded. If he would have had clothes on at the time I would have taken a pic to send you because he had on big head phones listening. It was really cute.

Sorry your little one is sick. God Bless all of us who lay watch over a sick child in the night.

lori vliegen said...

your artwork always puts a smile on my face! happy birthday to your dad!!
i hope your little one is feeling better today! :))

bec4 said...

Sarah,
A friend was wearing a bright green sweater with a black and I paisley blouse this past weekend and i told her, don't be surprised if that color scheme/design shows up on a piece of furniture. And here, you have done it on a beautiful piece of art!

wild child said...

Sara you never cease to amaze me - I love all 3 of those pieces! You are an endless well of creativity! And the piece you made for your hubby is a hoot! I'm a die hard diet Coke fan myself so I can relate :)

Birthday wishes to your dad, and best wishes & prayers to your little one... I'm so glad all 3 of my boys have long since grown out of the croup years! Not fun!

Meg xoxo
P.S. and yes, of course you can use my pics - thank you for asking. but that means I get to do a spotlight on you too - heheheh :)

mrs.pabody said...

How is our sweet little girl doing?

Tammy said...

I love your new paintings! I'm still planning on saving up to get one (or two) of your paintings!

Sending prayers for your little one, croup is definitely no fun! Birthday wishes to your dad!

BlueCastle said...

I love that first verse. Your paintings are beautiful. The contentment one sure hits home too. :)

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Wow-- they are aLL so wonderful!! The first verse is just beautiful and perfect, and you completed it so well!!
I also adore the contentment one!!

Jill said...

Sorry to hear about your little one...two of mine (and daddy & me) have all been sick this week too! seems too early for all this!...I'll be praying for ya'll! LOVE the contentment! SOOO true! (I love all the others too!)
Blessings!
Jill

Keri said...

Love the "contentment" one. How much??