Friday, July 31, 2009

What??? More black walls?

Awww- how sweet- we were both wearing brown, so had to take a picture. Go check out Dave's blog today- he posted about the abstract. Thank you, Darlin :) :)

Having fun with the Mod Podge. A switch plate gets a makeover.


YES- more black walls!!!!!!!!!!!!! And more patchwork!!!!!!!! I am so happy with the chalkboard walls. I cannot tell you how much I love them.

If you would have told me 5 years ago that I would have black walls in my kitchen?!? I would have laughed! But here we are- and the reason it works is because I have light colored floors, light colored cabinets, white counter tops, and 8 windows. So- we have done a wall at a time and now all walls are black except the eating area. (I promise to share all of the photos of that as soon as I take them).
Check SpellingAnd just a small little picture of the baby of the fam. Sadie, our favorite puppy. We went to the park today and she did such a good job on the leash! Way to go, Sadie!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

10 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Sweet dog. I'm lovin' your black walls...very artsy. Which is you:) Have a great weekend.

So blessed! said...

Love the walls. I've been in my art room most of the week trying to play with my Mod Podge as much as possible. Let me know what you think of my latest project.

With school starting soon I am trying to play as much as possible!
Have a blessed weekend.

Hugs from Texas.

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Chalkboard paint is a great invention! Love the patwork!

Manuela

Melissa Lobdell, Little Melfred's Studio said...

I'm wondering if there can ever be enough black walls? I absolutely adore your patchwork walls combined with the wonderful chalkboard paint! I wish I had more kitchen wall space - the kids and I seem to be bumping into each other playing with our little blackboard wall!

xo-Mel

ps-All of the painting you've done in your church is phenomenal!

Jill said...

I love it! from the walls to the switchplate...to sweet Sadie!
have a great weekend!
Blessings!
Jill

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see the new photos of the kitchen. Have a great weekend, you too Sadie!

Madison said...

Chalkboard walls are sooo cool! But my mom would never ever let me have a "BLACK" wall.

Pop Pop & Granna said...

I'm hoping I can have a blackboard wall somewhere soon -- I want to give that little Sadie a hug!

ko said...

so cute! Still no chalkboard for me, but I SO WANNA!

lolly-jolly said...

Oh your blog is so lovely! Full with color and joy! :)