Monday, July 6, 2009

P is for...

Pillow

Paint

Pretzels

It was one of those really wonderful/crazy days all wrapped up into one. We got the house straightened by 9:30, the kids occupied themselves with crafts and games, we made pretzels for the first time and they were awesome. I got on the treadmill at naptime, then had an hour left to finish the pillow for our couch...tonight was sara's painting night- what could be better? Some days are better than others. Then why was I crabby to the kids the whole day? Forgive me, Lord, for taking the blessings for granted....forgive me for always wanting my own way!

Then there was the dog who chased us all the way home when we tried to go for a walk....

Oh my word, and then I had to run to Wal-Mart really quick to get some canvases and guess what they have on display?!?!?!?! Back to school supplies. What?!?!?! We just started the summer didn't we???

How was your Monday?! :)

13 comments:

Gina Lee Kim said...

Hi Sara, it ain't just Wal-mart. Target had back-to-school stuff all over the place today and it made me miss nursing school (NOT!)

Paige said...

Those pretzels look yummy!! Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Aubrey said...

I SO love your pillow!! I just might have to copy one of these days:) Looks like you did some fun stuff today!!

Heidi said...

Your pretzels look delicious! I just got home from Wal-Mart and saw the back to school aisle also. Too soon to think about them going back!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Love the pillow, the painting and the pretzels!!!

Especially the painting, though!!!

Sounds like a crazy productive and joyous Monday! Do they get any better than that? :-)

Ruth said...

I love your pillow and the painting. They are both great. I really need to try to make some pretzels. Yours look so good.

I hope your day goes better today.

Ruth

meme said...

Just had to comment today for two reasons-Your painted verse is the verse I turn to for everything--and secondly to tell you how much I have enjoyed your blog. I'm am painter/crafter/grandmother of 10 who just happens to love, love color. Your blog is like a breath of fresh air.We all have days,like your Monday--but isn't it great when we can sit down to paint or craft!!! God is so good!

Jennifer said...

Stores always rush the seasons! (but year round schools started back today I heard). The pretzels look great!

Momma Rae and the Deputy said...

mine was good! i got two new littles last nigth and we had a fun evening playing in the blow up pool adn grilling burgers.... the only down side... the 4 year old woke everyone up at 3.... he never fell back asleep...

Pam said...

I love school supplies, and those pretzels look great. I like the different shapes. Next time I make them for my family (and not to sell to customers), I think I'll try that!

So blessed! said...

Oh, I love all the P things! Pillows, pretzels, and especially painting.
Monday wasn't so marvelous for me, but Tuesday is looking better as the morning goes by.
Thanks for your prayers. God has a plan. Have a terrific Tuesday.
HUGS

ko said...

I have felt like that a lot lately!! CRABBY...why should I be..I am so blessed..Oh God forgive me!!!!! That pillow is PRECIOUS....and can you please post the PRETZEL RECIPE>...Sergio's Favorite thing are hot pretzels!!!!!!

:)KYLEY

Monica said...

Wake Co. year round schools started back toda y...that's why you're seeing all the school supplies. And I second the requests for the pretzel recipes!And I'm impressed everyone had their chores done by 9:30! I might have to borrow your kiddos one morning!