Friday, July 24, 2009

mod podge, more on homeschool, banana bread, & bubble baths


I have a new friend and her name is Amy. Amy has a very cute blog all about Mod Podge!!!!! Not only that- she sent me a whole goody box full of Mod Podge in every flavor :) Thanks, Amy- I cannot wait to try them all!!!!!!


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Here are some homeschool mom posts found around the web that might be of interest & inspiration to you:
Darcy
Melissa
Jen
Heather

I am a little nervous about this year; homeschooling a 3rd grader and a 1st grader with the 3 year old in tow. But with God all things are possible, right? Fun things are in store.......

**********************************
Friday afternoons are often when I have a little breakdown. It has been a week with the kids and responsibilities and cleaning and things getting dirty that were just cleaned, etc. etc. The end to a very good and busy week. Dave knew just what I needed and told me I could go and be by myself. I took a 3 hour bubble bath. Isn't that hilarious? 3 hours. (I took my laptop in there, set it on the counter and watched a movie). Meanwhile {as I was turning into a prune} Dave baked the best banana bread ever and brought me a warm piece with butter on it. All is better with the world!

I am truly, truly thankful for the family and job that God has given me. I could not be more blessed. And I realize the selfishness when I am not content and fed up with the "constant kidish-ness" that comes with normal parenting. Sometimes a little break is all we need to be reminded of the blessings. Thanks, Dave for the break (and for the bread....and butter :)

17 comments:

So blessed! said...

Oh wow, I had no idea there were so many different kinds of Modge Podge! And you know I love me some Modge Podge.
Sometimes all we need is a little break from reality so we can deal with life.
Sure was sweet of your hubby to take such good care of you like that! You are truly blessed.

Keeling said...

what a nice husband! thank your lucky stars, mine is nice too, but has never given me a 3 hour bubble bath and fresh baked bread!

Erin Neiner said...

Hi Sara!!! I haven't been "over" in awhile and was so glad to do some catching up on your blog! :) I have a question... I am currently trying to finish up a small bookshelf for the the baby's room. It is just a 2 shelf, wood-looking bookshelf. I think it's veneer...that fake looking wood grain stuff that is really a sticker. WELL, I am cutting out a scene from different papers to put on the back of the middle shelf---for an open shelf to play on. (does that even make sense?) MY QUESTION: what would you suggest to use for adhesive? and what should I coat it with? (thus the mod podge post prompting me to bother you with this inquiry!) :) It looks like you did something like this on the top of Skye's cute red bookshelf and thought you would have some good insight. THANKS!!!!

Stephanie said...

That's a lot of modge podge! I think you should do a post on modge podge, and explain what the difference is between all the different kinds. I have no clue, and you are the Queen of Modge Podge!! :)

I just told my hubby about your 3 hour bubble bath and that you watched a movie in there. He started to explain how I could watch a movie free on my laptop from Netflix. I think a 3hr BB may be closer then I thought!

Sara said...

I've read that when children are cranky you should put them in water... same goes for Mommies. ;)

Farmgirl Paints said...

Yep nothing better than banana bread and that he made it himself...wow! I'm really impressed. Have a great weekend Sara.

Mod Podge Amy said...

Of course, Sara! Your blog is awesome. I keep up with it because you are so inspiring. I have to feed the need to create. . .

Mod Podge Amy said...

Of course, Sara! Your blog is awesome. I keep up with it because you are so inspiring. I have to feed the need to create. . .

knack said...

oh my word.......no idea modge podge came in so many "flavors"!! I'm going to have to do some research! :) xo

Jill said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't know there were SO many "flavors" of Mod Podge!!! I need to branch out!
and what a sweet hubby!:)
Blessings!
Jill

Jennifer said...

Can you have Dave talk to jack!!!!!

Denise said...

Are you kidding me? Of course, you're not, but why on earth would anyone need that many varieties of Mod Podge? I can hardly wait to read the labels. I feel like I've been missing something. ;)

Justin, Jake and Jenna's Mom... said...

Please advise on the mod podge.....you'll do it, right???

also, thanks for all of your encouragement about homeschooling. I feel like it is upon me!!!! And we're still so busy with the house, but you're helping to break in slowly by introducing the topic gradually through the summer...thanks! :)

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

ohhhhhh, awwwwww.... modge podge. Wonderful stuff, it is. Talk like Yoda, I do. ;-)

Bubble baths. Now that's a lost art. Maybe I should go take one now. Really. I think I might. You've inspired me. I haven't had a bath at all this year. NOT. AT. ALL. Why don't mommies get baths??

Wonderful man to make banana bread. Mmmm....

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Oh-- and thank you for the homeschool links. I love Darcy, and will check out the others, too.

I'm feeling the same apprehension (fear?) about the year. I'm excited, but also nervous to be starting a year with a 4th grader, 2nd grader, preschooler, and a toddler. God, give me wisdom and strength!

Keri said...

Wow Sara - 3 hour bubble bath! How wonderful. Aren't sensitive husbands a blessing? That sounds fabulous!

Calvin and I were talking about homeschooling recently. It is such an awesome responsibility - but also such a wonderful opportunity. I know your kids couldn't have a better teacher!

Tess said...

I had no idea there were so many "flavors" of mod podge. I love the stuff. I must search my hobby lobby better. LOL!