Monday, July 13, 2009

cheap*deco


You know I can't resist when the Nester has a party. This one is about how much you spent on a space in your house. Here is a cheap wall I thought I would share with you from our 3 year old's room:

Curtains- $0- fabric on hand- clothes pins- and some twine.
Red book shelf- $15 (goodwill)
Crib- about $100? Can't remember- something like that- we bought it used.
Quilts- $0 (for me anyway :) - made by my mom. The one hanging on the crib is made from all of our little girl's baby clothes.
Little shelves on the wall- $3 goodwill
Painted flowers on the wall- probably about $3 for acrylic paint.


Alphabet painting- $8 for the canvas and painted with paints I had around. This is one of my favorites- what is it about alphabet art that is so appealing?

Paper lanterns- $1 each from Big Lots. I just hang them with string and a cup hook in the ceiling. The orange paper flower was given to me.

Seeing your child read the books that you put on display- priceless :)

21 comments:

Songbirdtiff said...

What a wonderfully fun room for a little one!

Thanks for sharing!

BlueCastle said...

Love this room! You did a really great job with this! I love all the bright colors and your art work.

Adrienne said...

this looks adorable... just like i would expect it too. your patchwork pieces throughout your home are wonderful, fun and... show much happiness!

Tracey said...

What a cute room!! I LOVE the alphabet painting you did :)
Tracey

Jill said...

Adorable! Love it, what a cute idea with the laterns!
-Jill

Steph said...

What a fun room to grow up in! Love the abc art.

Stephanie said...

I think your daughters room is my favorite room in your house! I love those flowers on the wall and all the colors. Kids rooms are the best since you can really go wild. What do your other kids rooms look like?

Sarah said...

What a great room Sara! You always have such colorful life around you. I love it. I also really like that baby clothes quilt.

Oh, and I also have you down for an award on my blog, check it out when you get a minute. :)

Melissa Stover said...

love the paper lanterns and the alphabet art! that is wonderful. is that in your shop?

kristina said...

WoW that room is amazing !! You are so creativ. i am speechless that is the cuites room i have ever seen!!
looove your bloggy frinde,Kristina

Jane said...

Such a great reminder that kids rooms can be fun, warm and inviting on a dime!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

LOVE that room, and I'm sure your little princess does, too. Think about the happiness you are instilling in them! How could someone not be joyful in such a fabulous place?? :-)

Great cheapo decorating!!

Madison said...

Looks like you get the bargains! I love you daughters room soooo much!! Have a great week!!

Love, Madison

Maggie said...

Such cute flowers, so whimsical.

Stephanie said...

what a fun, fun room! Love it!

Paige said...

So cute! Wish our Goodwill had cute shelves like that. What a fun room for your precious little girl.

Gina Lee Kim said...

That alphabet art is my absolute favorite!

Keri said...

What a wonderful room for your princess! And that you could make it so lovely at such a bargain is awesome!

julie king said...

i love everything about this room! it is precious! my fave things are the flowers YOU painted on the wall and also the alphabet sampler!

Marie said...

Hello Sara - your artwork inspires me! It's so happy and joyful. All the flowers on the wall - so cute! My whole house if full of neutral "safe" colors. I just recently started incorporating some fun aqua shades in different places and love it. Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Amy said...

This room is wonderful. I love all the color. I was wondering what you did with your crib? It looks like a unique alternative to buying a mattress.

Amy