Thursday, July 2, 2009

the arthouse at it's best....

Just for fun: every week Beth hosts a You Capture party where you have a theme and take photos to post. This week was a good one to participate in: photographer's choice. I do not claim to be a photographer- but what would the arthouse be without photos? Here are some taken around the house in the last 2 days.....


the kitchen junk drawer....




The shoe bin (these pictures show different ways the children have taken over our lives....and we love it, mostly :)


The bottom shelf of the pantry




2 of my faves...





color, color everywhere









home...


Sadie smokin' a pipe cleaner





Ok, here's a good one. This is where I cracked....can you tell?!?!? This happens around here about once a month. The crayons and pencils and scissors and glue and papers were all a huge mess on top and inside this dresser --so I dumped everything on the floor and then sorted through it all and now it's better (until next time). Now you know the awful unorganized side of me. I will be OK for another month and everyone will have a great time creating and crafting and throwing the crayons into the marker bin until - crack- Mom snaps again and flies around like crazy until it is fixed. Crazy but true.

Thanks for coming on this little tour of our life in a few snapshots....I have been reminded lately that life is fleeting- and will soon pass away. Make sure you revel in and enjoy the little "snapshots" of life......and be sure to be ready for the afterlife- (John 3:16)
Whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. James 4:14

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the last photo. You always have to make a super mess before getting really organized.

Paige said...

Love the last part of your post! Thanks for the simple reminder that life is short. Thank God for eternal life.

Bacardi Mama said...

Love them. Great captures.

Jen said...

OK ... you really dumped the drawer? I love it! Too dramatic!!! These are great shots of stuff nobody usually sees. It's creative AND brave!

That pup is too cute, btw!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Love the post!

I also "crack" from time to time, usually once a month as well. Hmmm...and maybe that just means it's more linked to PMS than the actual mess. At any rate, after the stuff goes flying off the counter, it's all reorganized with vigor. :-)

Love your color!! Your home just makes me smile..... ahhh....

Jody said...

love the green polka dot curtains! wonderful snapshots of your life!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Life IS fleeting- I've been letting the housework go a little (just a little) and spending more time reading and playing with the kids. It's hard for me but I'm so aware that I will not be with them for a very long time(about 5 weeks total!) and I don't want to take the times we have together for granted. Thanks for the reminder! OH, and your junk drawer...it's neater than mine:)

Prairie Lady said...

Cool bird mobile. Cute pup.

So blessed! said...

Great photos. Love the verses too.
Did you make the bird mobile in the window? That is too cute.
Have a blessed 4th.
HUGS.

"Dove" said...

Okay, the dog and the pipe cleaner has me rolling. We've had a really long week around here, and I needed that great laugh! :)

I can always depend on your blog for a splash of color and something cheerful.

Today I feel like my whole house looks like your dining room floor. I wish someone would just come sort through it all and put it back where it goes "until next time". :)

Happy holiday weekend!

Steph said...

Great pics! Love all the color. Sadie is the cutest!