Friday, July 17, 2009

2 different styles.....

I must be having trust issues- do you see a theme going in these 3 paintings??? Dave and I were talking last night about how the Lord is our Shepherd- He is the one who leads us to the grass and water (and whatever we need)- we just have to trust in Him! What a great God that we have to trust in.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The abstracts are always fun to paint. I have no deep dark secrets when I am painting - just fun with color- swirling it around and seeing what will come of it. When it is finished, however, we seem to find lots of hidden pictures. Here we see (if you sort of divide the picture in the middle horizontally) a reflecting lake surrounded by trees. And there is the lady in the middle with the black shirt with white stripes....kinda fun to look at.

This is Dave's painting and he likes it. He likes this style of painting the best. I know this is the kind of art that some people don't get- but if it makes my husband happy and if he enjoys sitting and looking at it- I know I have been successful :)

What is your favorite style of art? Abstract? Folk art? Still Life? other?

Oh! By the way- my friend Melissa at A Familiar Path is giving away one of my prints! It is a fun post where you get to pick a caption for a funny photo she took and you will be eligible to win!

7 comments:

Dave Mincy said...

yo yo, painter babe! Yes, I LOVE the abstract...and I love the artist even MORE!

Stephanie said...

Great paintings, I love the ladybug one. My favorite art os probably abstract but there are so many close seconds so it's hard to say one is a favorite.

Keri said...

I love them all. You are so talented, Sara. The ladybug one is my favorite of this group.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Love those Sara. Just the scriptures I need to think on.

lesley grainger said...

your artwork is soooo inspiring, I love the way you put God's word into your work. it is wonderful!!!!!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Art is too amazing to narrow it down!! I have 50s prints in my kitchen, oil paintings in my bedroom, photography in the hall, you name it.
I also adore the ladybug one...great verse, and I love the clean strong lines in the art!

Ruth said...

I love your abstract but some don't make sense to me. I think personally I like still life.
Ruth