Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Chalkboard Paint

Remember the polka dot napkin back splash? They were easy to tear down. They were fun while they lasted- and we got the $2 worth out of them....but it was time to move on....
Back in February I asked for advice about what to do with the stove back splash. Most of the comments agreed that green paint would be the best. But a few of you brave souls agree with me that we need more chalkboard paint :) I am thinking that we will eventually paint the cabinets green.

before



After- I love it. SO many possibilities. The only hard thing about chalkboard paint is that you have to WAIT to write on it!





I have been switching the plates around and at this moment the white and black plate is in the middle and the circus plate is on the right.

I cannot say enough about chalkboard paint- almost anything would look good against that backdrop. These plates have never looked brighter or more happy.



In other news...........
*We finished painting upstairs in Dave's office. The brown wall turned out pretty well. I ended up using a color called poppy pods and was disappointed that the chocolate truffle color wasn't quite right- wouldn't that be the best name for a wall- chocolate truffle?

*Thanks for your comments for the giveaway post. There is still time to enter if you have not left a comment. I love to hear from you all. I enjoy going to visit your blog and "meeting" a new reader. I love you "old" readers too :) Blogging has been the biggest boost to my artful life. It is great to create- but when you can share your art and get feedback from many different points of view- that is priceless.

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the back splash! And just think if you start to miss your polka dots...just draw some on with chalk!:)

Younge 7 said...

I love the chalkboard paint on the back splash!!!! It looks so good!

Jane said...

Looks great! I painted my refrigerator w/ chalkboard paint on Mon/Tues, so my wait is almost over. Tomorrow is chalk day! I can't wait!

Paige said...

Love the chalkboard paint! Great idea!

Monica said...

Sara, I would never have dreamed these words would come out of my mouth, but I LOVE the black walls! My boxed mind can't quite comprehend green cabinets (but then I couldn't comprehend a black kitchen, either!) Look forward to seeing pics of the finished upstairs!

Preppy 101 said...

I will be honest and say I would have never ever thought to use blackboard paint. And that's why I read your blog ;-) What a wonderful idea that I may muster up enough courage to try ;-) Thanks!

The Queen said...

I think green (like a spring, bright, happy green) would look wonderful with the black back splash!!! Can't wait to see pictures :)

SO I was wondering, do you know if they sell chalk board paint in green? or any other colors? I checked about chalkboard paint at Walmart and they don't have it. I haven't made it to Lowe's or anywhere like that yet, they are all at least 40 minutes away!! Although that is probably a GOOD thing:) for the wallet at least.

Lacy said...

Hey Sara! Love the backslash paint too! I love the posy pins and they can go anywhere and your are so fun!! I have wanted one of your rings for ever...they seem so perfect for a teacher huh?? So...with that said....I would love to win, but if I dont you should still put them in the etsy shop. I have made the clothespins and sold them in packages of 5 or six with magnets on the back for $4.OO. Mind you I modge podge not hand paint mine....so you might want to go up. Just fyi:)

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh Sara I love it. It looks so good!!
I have chalkboard paint in big chick's room. But one word of warning, I could never get her's to go back to the beautiful black it first was. You will always see erased white once you start using it. Unless I'm doing something wrong...let me know how it works for ya:)

Steph said...

Just when I think you can't make your house any cuter, you go and add something else. Love it! Those plates just pop!

Jill said...

AMAZING!!! so cute! :) and I do love that you can "draw" on your walls now!... oh! and just think...you could even use colored chalk! if the mood struck!
Blessings!

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

I really like your cabinets the way they are. They really punch out against that black. :)

So blessed! said...

Oh Yeah, I like the back splash alot. Looks great.
Have a great day.

Keri said...

As always - I love it.
Your house is so warm and cozy Sara! Beautiful.