Friday, June 26, 2009

First of all let me thank my mom who was in labor 34 years ago today.....

Dave's office/family room is coming along. I have officially lost the bet and decided that "sparse" is not something that is possible at this house :) I am on the hunt for bamboo shades for the windows.

I LOVE the brown wall!!! For once the color looked exactly the same on the wall as it did in my head!!!! Speaking of paint- Kristi shared the news that you can get a free quart of paint from the Glidden website. I went there all excited and chose purple. Now I am wondering what in the world I am going to paint purple?


Now you can see how we used some of the Laura Gunn fabric- 4 of these canvases are wrapped in her gorgeous fabric.

********************************************
My husband has arranged the most wonderful b-day present. The kids are going to a friends house from Sunday night until Wed morning and we will have the house totally to ourselves!!! We are going to the outlets one day and have plans for the Cheesecake Factory and The Outback. Darlin- you are a genius! I am so excited. Just time alone with Dave is going to be so nice. We have been busy and not had a date night in about a month.

The hardest part of it will be deciding between these:


GODIVA® CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
Layers of Flourless Godiva Chocolate Cake, Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake and Chocolate Mousse


CHOCOLATE TUXEDO CREAMTM CHEESECAKE
Layers of our Fudge Cake, Chocolate Cheesecake, Vanilla Mascarpone Mousse and Chocolate


21 comments:

Jane said...

Happy Birthday!

Enjoy your fab staycation! Again, so glad you won that Laura Gunn fabric! It goes so perfectly in Dave's office.

chickadee@afamiliarpath said...

happy birthday!!! i think you should have both.

Chrissie Grace said...

My birthday is this week too!
Have a happy happy bday!:)
xo
Chrissie

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday. Today is one of my best friends Birthday too! Sounds like you have great plans ahead... YOu will have to tell us how great it is to have your husband all to your self again. Life has gotten away from us too and when haven't been out by ourselves in awhile.

Dave Mincy said...

To the best (and cutest) artist in the whole world...happy b-day!...you can have ALL your cheesecake choices...and eat them too! (maybe bring some home for snacks)

Anouk said...

Have fun! There is no contest - Godiva!!!

skB said...

aw, what a great birthday gift! And you definitely deserve it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Have a great time:)

Steph said...

Happy Birthday! I say get 'em both!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Happy Birthday Sara...love your two choices tonight. Hope you have a wonderful evening. Eat some for me too:)

mikki roo said...

Happy Birthday Sara!!

Julie said...

awwhhh....the house without kids! that is my ultimate fantasy!! i don't want to have to leave all the time to get some peace and quiet - it is my absolute favorite when they leave!!
enjoy!!! i must add that I am so drooling over those pics!!!

Stephanie said...

What a great birthday gift! Have a wonderful time and Happiest of Birthdays to you!!!

Stephanie said...

Oh and by the way get one slice of cheesecake for dessert and take the other one to go, you have many days that no one will touch it and you can enjoy it while taking a relaxing bath perhaps.

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Sara, Happy Birthday (Belated.)
The room looks fantastic.

I hope your birthday weekend will be wonderful!

lori vliegen said...

many sweet blessings for you on your birthday! enjoy your time with your husband....what a sweet gift! and speaking of sweets.....why choose between the cakes? i say "it's your birthday, take the sampler platter!"
:)

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful time with your husband. I think you will be able to manage those tough cheesecake decisions.

Your husband's office looks great.

Can't wait to see what you paint purple.

Ruth

Pam said...

Happy Birthday! Those cheesecakes look SO good! Man, I could really use a date night. It's been months! Enjoy your time!

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday Sar !

Angela Monique Brewer said...

That's the BEST birthday present a mother can ask for! I also turned 34 last week and got one night away and a shopping trip! Just what I needed :)

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Happy late Birthday!
And love that room!!!!! LOVE it.

And I'd choose cheesecake, hands down. :-)

Leisa Hammett said...

What LUSCIOUS color everywhere here -- your banner, your photos, your home. Scrumptious. Yes, happy indeed! Thanks for sharing snapshots of beauty. The photo of the stairs reminds me of Mary Englebriet. Cheers!