Monday, May 25, 2009

North Wildwood, NJ

On Saturday we got on a the Cape May Ferry and headed to Joe and Kristi's church. This is a pirate boat docked by the ferry. The weather was gorgeous, but the waves quite choppy. We didn't realize how much a big ferry like that would rock!



What a blessing it as to be at First Baptist of Anglesea. Dave was able to sing some duets with Joe (Henson, from Guam). I know that was fun for them both.


After Dave's concert Joe gave a great challenge on Colossians 3:16-17

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

This was one of those times that I saw those verses as if for the first time. Beautiful - that the word of Christ can dwell in us. I was so thankful to see Dave up there singing with grace in his heart to the Lord. We feel so blessed and honestly so thankful that we are in the place where we are- we feel so grateful to be able to take these short trips and hopefully be a blessing to others- to share what God is doing in us and to share His love....

I really enjoyed getting to know Kristi- that is a big benefit to getting to travel -we have met so many great people already.

Our little merchandise table.

7 comments:

Paige said...

Love the merchandise table! Looks so good with all the colors on it.

Farmgirl Paints said...

What a lovely trip!

Pop Pop & Granna said...

Nice pictures -- I'm sure you all were an encouragement. Glad you got to go

Jill said...

What fun! I know you were both such a blessing and inspiration to everyone!

gailsgarden said...

The whole weekend looked GREAT! Did you see the neat old houses in Cape May?

Anonymous said...

I loved all the pictures I felt like I went with you since that was where I spent My childhood. Did the kids know Pops used to drive that Ferry? Gigi

Susan said...

I was so shocked to see North Wildwood NJ in your title. I was in West Wildwood for the weekend, actually pretty much every weekend in th summer. We have a shore house down there. Hope you enjoyed your visit to our shore town.