Monday, May 4, 2009

gift certificates available

My friends are so smart! Two different people have asked if I could make a gift certificate for them. Sure! Good idea. I would love to make one for you too. Along with the certificate would be my blog and e-mail info so that the person could contact me for a custom painting- or prints or cards. Every certificate would be different and hand made just for them!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
On a different note and in light of Mother's Day coming up --I would love to hear your best mothering tips. Maybe it is a tip from your mom, or a tip you have learned as you have had kids. I am always on the lookout for things that have worked for other moms. I need all the help I can get!!!! I am going to try really hard to think of a tip to share here. The only tips I can think of I have already shared about 15 times- like the one about buying your kid an alarm clock and telling him what time he can get up. (our tips are usually born out of selfishness- this one being the love of sleep past 6am)

Dave and I are sitting here wracking our brains for some parenting tips that we could share- surely in the 7 1/2 years of parenting we have learning something!! We will keep thinking...but if you can think of a tip to share- please do.

Oh! I just thought of a good one. When you get those little ketchup packs from McDonald's- put them in your freezer. Then when your kid gets a "boo-boo" you can give them a handy little ice pack just the right size. Our little girl loves these and gets quite dramatic- "Mommy, I need an ice pack!"

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Great idea on the gift certificates! About mothering tips, I'm sure mine are not new. Spend time with your kids really listening to them. Take time to hold them and give them a hug. Read to them, even when they can read on their own. Tuck them into bed every night.

Chrissie Grace said...

I love the gift certificates...great idea!;)

Keri said...

Sara, I love your tips, so keep them coming. The ketchup ice packs are an awesome idea! Caleb is also quite dramatic when he gets a booboo. I mean, talks about it for days!!

I also love the clock idea. Caleb still is a little young for that - and still sleeps pretty late, but I'm keeping it in mind in case I don't stay so lucky!

gailsgarden said...

Read to your kids,
read to your kids,
read to your kids,
read to your kids,
read to your kids,....
Can you guess what I am glad I did?
Happy memories on both ends! And something I have NEVER regretted.

Laura D said...

I love the idea of your little ice packs. Would have never thought of that one! Maybe I need to put a few in the freezer at school for "my kids" booboos. Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

Love the little "ice pack"! hmmmmm, parenting....BE there...listen, treasure, enjoy...and create with them! :)

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Wow- I never would have thought of making a "free" icepack! See- that's a good tip!

My biggest tip which gets me through each day- "Laugh a whole lot more than you yell:)" REALLY listen to your kids and all the funny things they say (you do this well, Sara)and do. When they set the house on fire- laugh about it, it's a great memory for later.

Tina said...

We have try it nights at our house. Sometimes we just have to expose our kids to different things. Sushi, not a hit, crab legs were a big hit, cactus..yucky. We would have a theme and the deal was we had to try it no matter what. No TV Wednesdays,and fabulous game night Fridays where some other things we like to do.

Jessica said...

One of the best things you can do for your kids is LOVE YOUR SPOUSE! Let the kids see you resolve conflict and love each other despite differences!!!

gailsgarden said...

Obviously the person who receives the gift certificate will have to send it to you to get the gift, right? I think you should be sure to send it back with the gift. Love those little tags!!! XOXO

Sara said...

Just discovered your fantastic blog... and am in love with your passion for color, joy, and the Lord!

The best parenting tip (and one you can start at birth) is to get outside EVERY day! Go for a walk, play a game of tag, sit in a porch swing, whatever... just get outside!