Thursday, May 28, 2009

DIY lampshades


The Nester is having a lamp party! Here are our lamps.....

We have had these lampshades forever. I got them a plain craft paper brown and added a little paint so that they would feel loved and a part of the house (polka-dots always make me happy :)


This was a fun one! All you do is cut paper to fit each side and glue on with a glue stick. The possibilities are endless with this technique.

And the Sharpie lamp. So quick and easy! Draw a design and color in with a Sharpie!

Thanks for looking at our lamps. I have always wanted to write on a lamp the words:
Let your light shine before men- or "Jesus is the Light"

What about you? Any good lamp makeover stories?

12 comments:

Jill said...

What fun lamps!! Love the idea about writing a verse on a lampshade!

Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage said...

That is the perfect polka dot shade! Thanks for sharing!

Pwincess Mama said...

Love the pokie-dots! Awesome lamps!

Steph said...

Polka dots make me happy too. Great lamps!

A Bushel and Peck and Pigtails Paper Trails said...

I love the polka dots! Very nice!

Monica said...

hmmm...if we ever do a VBS and we can find small lamps/lampshades, your "let your light shine" idea would be PERFECT! maybe you should start a VBS project book!

Mrs. Petrie said...

I always love to see what you do in your home. The sharpie lamp is my favorite!

Tracey said...

These are all such cute and creative lamps!
Tracey

lori vliegen said...

your lamps are TOO cute!! i'm loving your idea of writing on one! and i think it's so genius of you to use a sharpie marker to beautify that lampshade! :)

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

What fabulous ideas! A sharpie, huh? that's great. Also, is that just scrapbook paper you used? It is lovely.

~Amanda

Gina Lee Kim said...

Oh Sara, your lamp AND your new studio space looks fab! I'm so proud of you. Maybe I can commission you to design the perfect lampshade? I'm in desperate need of one as you can see here. Any thoughts?
Polka-dots are a girl's bestfriend...

Farmgirl Paints said...

Good Morning Sara,
I nominated you for an award on my blog today. I have really enjoyed reading what you have to say everyday. Have a great weekend:)

Becky