Friday, May 29, 2009

Dave's Office


image made at the polyvore site


Now that I have Dave's office and he has the playroom, we have been transforming the playroom (now office/music room) into something {hopefully} more sophisticated and sparse.....I know my friends have already told me that they can't believe that I will be able to decorate sparsely. Now I will try and prove it :) The walls are being painted (we got some done last night) a green (actually 2 different greens- the room is so large with different sections- I felt like one color was not enough- we needed a little depth).

The armoire that was in our daughter's room is going up there to store our games (our poor games have never had a proper storage space)- where do you keep your board games, by the way? I have seen some people use a coat closet- but we don't have a coat closet. I want them to be organized and on shelves- but not too high so that the kids cannot get to them.

The armoire will be painted with some of those patterns you see in the inspiration photo. Then I want to get a rug, and a few pillows to coordinate and that is it- although eventually some big leafy plants would be good and curtains like you see there with the brown pattern. (and maybe a painting.....)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Dave has been working on the mincymedia website and here is the new look! Awesome- I love it.

Also, our church's anniversary video is loaded onto the website. This shows the highlights from our last year and celebrates the 3 years we have been a church- with a lot of the renovation photos for our new building.

9 comments:

Monica said...

WOW! I love Dave's new site look! Did he do that himself or have someone create it?
As for storing games, ours is in a closet, but my aunt always kept their board games in the bottom drawers of my cousin's dresser.

Stephanie said...

I think you should paint some leaves on the green wall in the other shade of green. The leaves on the white pillow are neat. Can't wait to see what you do, I know I'll love it!!!

Jill said...

LOVE your ideas for Dave's space! (those are some of my favorite colors- our playroom is Black and Lime green)
Have a great weekend!
Blessings!

Paige said...

Love the color palette! Can't wait to see the finished product.

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Green is my favorite color!!! The room will be beautiful!

We keep our games on a bookcase in the schoolroom. I'd love a armoire where the games could be closed off!

Duct Tape Chronicles said...

We have on old trunk that we keep ours in-it doubles as a side table.

Can;t wait to see your finished product.

So blessed! said...

Love the green. Can't wait to see the finished product. Looks like things are shapin up around your place too!

Sue said...

Nice colors and masculine :). I keep games in a couple of those big, long under the bed storage boxes, stored under the bed of course. Out of sight, out of mind, and it is hard for the little ones to pull the boxes out. I also keep bed linens in those boxes. Of course we have two queen beds, one bunk bed, and three cribs to hide them under ;)

Staci Danford said...

I can not remember exactly how I traveled to your BLOg world but what wonderful fun I have had.. Literally I check it everyday.. Such precious, fun, fabulous color and creativity.. I know your family feels lucky and blessed beyond words.. I have truly enjoyed visiting your site.. It's just Yummy for the eyes and stirs the wheels in my brain.
Bliss and Blessings,
Staci