Friday, May 1, 2009

Before & After Photos

AFTER

Here are some of my fave before and afters here at the art house. The Remodeling Guy & Hooked on Houses are having link parties, so I thought I'd join and show a few projects that we have done around here.

There was the lamp and night stand re-do. The scrapbook paper glue sticked right onto the shade! I saw someone else do that- honest it is a legit way to make-over a shade! Just make sure you use a white glue stick- my kids had all of these purple glue sticks...

A little mod podge & paper on the night stand and it has a new look!


My kitchen with the white walls and light colored cabinets needed a little more personality and spark.....the chalkboard wall ALWAYS makes me smile when I walk into the kitchen! Bold-happy and easy to personalize- my favorite is to write people's names on it when they come to visit.

The bedroom- I was trying for a bright look- but finally realized it was not working. Went with the browns and grays for a calmer feel.


AFTER


The hall/living room wall BEFORE- a little washed out....


Sweet Tomato red! Much better.


front hall/doorway before




.....let's try orange...



Yes! I have never regretted the orange.

Here are a few more make-overs to peek at: BEFORE & AFTER post

Thanks for the visit! :)

11 comments:

Emily@remodelingthislife said...

I love your chalkboard wall! how cool! and i love the red and orange walls. I really love orange as a wall color.

lori vliegen said...

i love looking at before and after photos...what a huge difference a pop of color can make! thanks for all of your great ideas...your house always looks so happy! :)

Steph said...

I so agree! Your house has such a happy aura. I have a orange room and love it.

Jadehollow said...

I love all of the bright bold colors. Your chaulkboard wall is way cool! A different look everyday.
Thanks for sharing.
Debbie

Remodeling Guy said...

We're on the same wavelength when it comes to color! i love your use of color throughout! it looks great and I know it makes you happy when you walk in the door! Thanks for sharing this in the Round-Up!

Tim

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

How fun! I loved all of your makeovers. This post really made me smile--thanks for the inspiration! :-)

Momma Rae and the Deputy said...

super doooper

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Lovely!

Kara said...

Great projects! My favorite is the lamp and table. I never would have thought to use scrapbook paper on the shade, or the table top. Love it!

Keri said...

Love, love, love the before and afters. There is nothing you have done so far that I haven't loved. I keep tuning in to see what you will do next. Thanks for my color-burst this morning, Sara!

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

Wow, those are great photos of an awesome house! The artist in you is definitely showing through your home!! Love it :)