Thursday, April 9, 2009

present


Dave is really good at remembering dates. He brought home a gift yesterday in celebration of April 10th 1999- the day we got engaged (and in typical Dave/Sara fashion a few days early).
He bought me a new Kodak EasyShare M893 IS. I LOVE it. I have used an EasyShare for 3 years and then dropped it a few too many times. Thanks, Darlin' :)

Anyway, it got me to thinking about the day we got engaged. We went out ring shopping together. I picked the ring and then he was going to come back and pick it up. But I convinced him to just buy it on the spot :) See- he knew what he was getting into.

Then he snuck the ring into his pocket and later showed me the empty shopping bag- I thought it had been stolen and probably screamed. (such sweet memories).

That night he picked me up and we went to our favorite- the Outback (with an ocean view- we were living on Guam). Then we went to the beach- Dave backed his pick-up down to the water and we sat back there on the tail gate. The stars were gorgeous- then the power went out making the stars even brighter. I was a little worried at this point. I did not see the ring or ring box. But he had wrapped it in a Kleenex and put it in his pocket- very tricky :)

He asked me to be his wife and of course I said yes. That was the best decision ever made.

Thanks for almost 10 years, Sweetheart!!!! And happy engagement day....tomorrow.

having fun with the new camera

15 comments:

CRAFTY MOM said...

OMG - HOW SWEET IS THAT!!! Congrats and may GOD bless you both with many more years to come... GOD Bless - Mimi

philben5 said...

It blesses me to see two people so in love! Happy 10th Anniversary.
blessings
Roxanne

Jessica said...

Love "love" stories! Thanks for sharing your "love" with us. It's good to see people care so much for their spouses! Yeah! for Godly marriages!

Younge 7 said...

What a sweet husband you have! Praise the Lord for good marriages!

ccarlson said...

So Sweet! Love you both, Aunt Connie

Jennifer said...

awwww!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Happy Anniversary you two! And thanks for sharing a small part of your life with all of your loyal fans!

Stephanie said...

How sweet that he remembers dates like your engagement. And what a great present! Love the eggs in the photo, very pretty.

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Sooo precious!! Happy anniversary! That is so sweet!

And I love your potted eggs!!

Ruth said...

I was blog hopping and came across your blog. I love it!!!!!!!!!! It's so colorful and cheerful. Such great and wonderful ideas.

I will be visiting often.

Ruth

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

What a sweet story- I loved reading it! You can tell everyone that you got engaged at a tailgating party.

Holly said...

Congrats! What a sweet story!

Keri said...

Such a sweet story you guys have. Way to go Dave - I like that you use your sneakiness for good not evil :)

gailsgarden said...

I remember when you called on April 1st to tell us you were talking about getting married THAT summer. We said, "This is April Fool's, right?" What a busy few months we had! Then we spent one week with Dave in June...before you married in July. That folks is the rest of the story! That is how we know God put it together! We are thankful, and thankful for those three little kiddos! (We haven't yet met Sadie.)

Miss G said...

What a sweet husband! I have a great guy like that too and we enjoyed "remembering" our first year anniversary of our engagement a few weeks ago! Such a neat time, an engagement!
Kelly