Monday, April 13, 2009

Pineapple Chicken & Baked FrenchToast

I have made the baked French Toast 2 times already. The fam loves it. The first time we made it, it was very eggy. We thought maybe we wanted it to have more bread. So the second time we made it with 3 layers of bread. Very good...but I may add just a tiny bit more milk and egg next time....it is a fun recipe to experiment with, because no matter what- when you have the brown sugar/Cinnamon layer on top- it is tasty.

And no, I don't usually serve a 32 oz. cup of diet coke at the breakfast table- that is Dave's coffee alternative :)

So sorry to Granna & Sarah for the fuzzy picture! I will try and find some better ones....

Here's a good one of Granna and Sadie


Who do you think they come to see now!!?
********************************

Another recipe that we have eaten twice in 2 weeks:

Pineapple Chicken
half c. b-b-q sauce
half c. reserved pineapple juice
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 T. oil
2 T. flour
1/4 t. salt
4 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 can pineapple chunks- drained

Combine the first 6 ing., stir til smooth, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 2 min. Add chicken and pineapple. Cover, simmer 10 min. Super fast, easy and yummy over rice!

10 comments:

Jill said...

OH! Thanks for the yummy chicken recipe!- It's hubby's birthday this week- might be his "special dinner"!
Blessings!

thedomesticfringe said...

The recipes sound good. Looks to me like they're coming to see the dog, but who can blame them? She's so cute.

-FringeGirl

Donette said...

Thanks for the recipes! I'm trying both!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

The diet coke really made me laugh because I drink sodas and coffee all day. Gotta quit.

Rob said...

I just had french toast today - and it tasted so good to my "pregnant taste buds" - but this recipe looks amazing...I will definitely want to try it :)
Julie

Sacred Yoli said...

I am new to your blog, but I must say, that I love the spirit and the creativity to your blog.

Saludos
Yoli

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Mmmmm, sounds delicious! Always looking for a good chicken receipe.
Sadie is so cute and already getting big!

Hope you had a hoppy Easter! He is Risen...He is risen indeed! :)

skB said...

aw, I miss that little Sadie!! And all of you too:) hehe!

Um, it almost looks like I am picking my nose in that pictoire:)

Keri said...

I love it when you post your yummy recipes! I'm trying the chicken/pineapple this week - maybe the french toast too!
thanks :)

Miss G said...

Oh good! I have been thinking about that French toast since Meg posted it. I am planning to make it this week for some friends who just had a baby. They love breakfast and have already gotten lots of "meat and potato" type dishes so we're taking them "breakfast for dinner". I am excited to try it. Kelly